“What a surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 29 hotels in Rochester
Auburn, Michigan
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

We were traveling through on our way to New York City and happened to stop here. What a nice place. The clerk (Jennifer or Jessica - sorry) was really great and super friendly. She told us that a free dinner was included with the already reasonable price at a hotel 2 doors down and breakfast was also included (with eggs and sausage). It was Mexican food night at the hotel so we checked it out. It came with 2 free alcoholic beverages (beer or wine) and dessert. Wasn't the greatest, but wasn't the worst we've eaten and it was free! That never happens. There are a lot of other restaurants and a mall right near by. The room was quiet and clean. The bathrooms are small, but clean and for what we were doing just fine. Jennifer also told us that they had over 500 movies at the desk to rent for free if we were so inclined. We would definetly stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Manager at BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
We are glad you decided to stay with us on your way to NYC. I'm glad you were able to take advantage of your free breakfast, dinner, and in room DVD rentals. We look forward to hosting you again!

171 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Hamilton, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

Hotel was packed, as I witnessed many getting turned away. Somehow got the room for a great price on hotwire.com the night before, a really great deal.

Room was clean, but had a faint hint of smoke odour. Comfortable bed, nice towels. Bathroom was pretty patheticly small, but served it's function.

Decent place to crash if passing through or heading to outlet malls.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012

my name is ademir miljkovic i stayed int that hotel from dec 2011 to may 2012 buisnius related . During my staying had wery nice time and i would recommend best western to anyone who whanst have a good night of sleep. the rooms are equip.. with tvss and cd players and there are a lot of movies al kind at front dask .. the staff who is working at hotel are wery nice and they know town araund what ewer quistion you have they will find answer... also brekfest with a wery goood dinner (buffet with two alcohol bev..included ) i had a wery nice time at best western and i would recommend to anybody ...

t

Room Tip: firs floor 119
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Lambertville, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

Upon check in I was greated with a smile and offered a cold bottle of water, Staff was very helpful in making a dinner choice. They are in a prime location for dinner and shopping choices. Room was exceptionally clean. Bed was a plush pillowtop king. I slept like a baby. I would definetly stay it this hotel on next visit to Rochester. A+++

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Annapolis, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in mid April 2012. The staff put me in room 129 on the first floor which is equipped with a whirlpool bath that I know they were aware leaks. Needless to say the rug was drenched by the time I climbed into bed. There were no other rooms available that night since the hotel was overbooked. My son and his friend were staying in a room on the 3rd floor, so I couldn't find another hotel that night. A huge bug startled me after my shower the next morning and I inadvertently left my nightgown hanging on the back of the door. Now over a month later I am still trying to find out where my nightgown is. The hotel found it and claimed they sent it (at my expense), but I haven't received it and they can't figure out what happened. DON'T STAY IN THIS HOTEL!!! The hot water ran out on my son's shower the next morning, too.

Room Tip: The first floor room I stayed in was unacceptable. DON;T STAY HERE!!!
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Toronto
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

My friend and I got this hotel on Hotwire for a 2 night stay. This was a girls' shopping weekend. The front desk staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel had 500 DVDs you could borrow to watch which was great after 2 days of shopping. The beds were extremely comfortable. However, the good stopped there. The breakfast was just satisfactory. The person in charge of breakfast was not interested in replacing items. The breakfast room is too small and you felt crowded and rushed. In fact, we chose not to eat there on our check out day. Although the room was clean the carpetting was not. It had a grungy feel. The pillows were terrible. Smaller than usual and had absolutely no support. I certainly would not choose to stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the main floor by the breakfast room are loud and you can smell the food in the mornings.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Cape May, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed in this hotel in December 2011. The service was the best we have every experienced. The second shift gentelman was helpful, and he said he loved working with people, metting new faces. How refreshing!
Our room was clean, and breakfast in the morning was great ( a lot of choices on the buffet).
The hotel is located very close to restaurants and shopping!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Rochester Marketplace Inn? Share your experiences!