“Excellent food, fun for groups” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Eclectic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Tampa
“Excellent food, fun for groups”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

The premise is sharing: You put in orders, a dish is brought to the table when it's ready and you share. At first some in our party were skeptical, but by the end everyone agreed it was a lot of fun to keep trying new dishes as they were brought out. Everything we ordered was top-notch. Don't miss the hamburger or, if it's available, swordfish. Lots of good choices for vegetarians, too.

Visited May 2013

pittsford ny
“It was Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Second time there, food is good and a good variety all designed to share a fun way to eat. We were 7 and some of the dishes were not large enough so had to order 2. on a down note their wine selection needs some help they had a ok selection but the less expensive wines you never heard of and the reserve were priced pretty high. I wish restaurants would just double their prices on wine and let people explore some better labels rather than taking a $9 bottle and raising the price up to $30.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Ipswich, Massachusetts
“Trendy gastro pub atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

While it was a bit hard to find for out-of-towners like us (the sign on the wall of the building is barely bigger than a business card), my husband, daughter, and I thoroughly enjoyed Good Luck. It's very much in the mold of trendy gastro pubs (though they don't have poutine!). We had an early dinner (6pm) and the restaurant was full by the time we left around 8pm. The food was good, especially the giant hamburger which is served cut into 4 large pieces. Charcuterie plate was also delicious. We enjoyed the atmosphere, including the physical space. Very good cocktails. Great dessert - my daughter had some kind of molten chocolate (warm) concoction which she loved. We'll definitely try it again, on our next trip to Rochester.

Visited April 2013
New York City, New York
“Find “Good Luck” for yourself!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

My bias is I enjoyed my first and only meal here. The tough part comes from hoping to express an opinion which is both helpful to other readers, and to the owners of “Good Luck”. I want to provide you with a balanced view, which also compliments and fits with what others offer here. You’ll find most of the reviews below generally favorable; although a little more scattered than I experienced. My opinion is also mostly favorable, but I do add some contrast, just to keep this flavorful.
I very much enjoyed the two specials I ordered; the tuna braised in olive oil, served on toasted bread with a poached egg on the side, and a small sardine dish. I also enjoyed a Sazerac cocktail and two glasses of a red Chilean Cabernet Sauvignon; VERAMONTE ’EL C ABALLERO’.
I feel Good Luck’s venue and menu are very impressive, inventive and tasteful for any city. It is important to appreciate the menu is meant and built as a tapas menu. A “Tapas” styled menu consists of smaller types dishes and are easily shared and highly social, they provide the opportunity to have a large assortment of dishes to consume with others. Any of the menu items can be eaten by one person that is how I ate while at “Good Luck”. Some of the items I saw served, such as the Burger and fries, were a more than a plentiful meal portion for one person. But even the burger is served quartered as to make it something easily shared and enjoyed with others.
Other positive aspects of my visit to “Good Luck”:
1. The staff was eager to please, and humble without condescension or pretense.
2. Talking to other customers I was told the menu is constantly changing and seasonal.
3. Ownership/management was on site in the kitchen, and at the front of the restaurant when you enter. Management was as humbly understated as was the staff, but very present.
4. Nice looking casual urban crowd.
Opportunities to enhance the “Good Luck” dining experience:
1. The tuna special I ordered was the last one of this item, and was ordered at 7:30 on a Saturday evening. After I had the tuna I attempted to order a pork dish, and it was “sold out” at that point. Maybe this is a good sign that certain special items are sold out by 8:00 PM?
2. I would like to see the specials written out somewhere. A Slate board might work nicely in the space.
3. I would have like to have seen more ethnic diversity (people of color) as patrons and in the staff.
4. More New York wines could be offered.
It certainly seemed to me “Good Luck” has orchestrated a successful restaurant idea. I hope in their continued success they remain grounded and find ways of graciously giving back to the community they serve and thrive in.

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Rochester NY
“Interesting, but a bit lacking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was my first time at Good Luck. A unique decor in the old Fabrics and Findings location near Village Gate. The food is supposedly 'family style" but seemed more like tapas to me. Very small amounts of food if this is meant to be shared. Some of it was good, but I would probably not go back.
This was for a business dinner. I had to go home and make something to eat afterwards because I was still hungry!

• Visited April 2013