“Excellent food at a reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #121 of 1,126 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole
Cranbury, New Jersey
“Excellent food at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

While visiting our son at U of R, we heard about this place and decided to try it out. It is a small BYOB. We missed it at first so you have to look for it, and parking can be difficult. We had traditional New Orleans food like shrimp po boy, crawfish etoufee, and crawfish fettucine. We also had the cafe wings for an appetizer and the beignets for dessert. The beignets aren't the same as Cafe Dumond's but still tasty, nevertheless. The prices are very reasonable. Highly recommended and will definitely be back again.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toronto, Ontario
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was with a large group and it was my first visit. Tthere was already another group there (not with us though) so waiting could take some time. Otherwise, lovely waitstaff! Great food.. I had Silician chicken.. It's great to be having something of southern cooking. Unfortunately, the WiFi didn't work for me and no hot tea that I can remember. They do provide water though. Some more people came but the restaurant was going to close soon so they didn't get to eat with us. I would recommend this restaurant, prices are reasonable.

Please note I had to put Average for the bar scene and outdoor seating because I think it wouldn't let me submit the review without selecting something for these. There is no bar scene nor outdoor seating so keep that in mind.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pittsburgh
“Loved it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Authentic New Orleans cuisine at ridiculous low prices. We had 3 appetizers, 2 mains and paid $31. Friendliest service you could imagine.
GEt the étouffée . Byob no corkage. If I lived here I would go very week.

Visited September 2013
Rochester, New York
“Brings southern cooking to Rochester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Incredible flavors, excellent food and wonderfully kind waitstaff! Give it a shot - parking tricky, but worth it, bring your own bottle of wine, as they don't have liquor license and dress down or up, easy going place...just like the big easy :)

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Nice Atmosphere- Good Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

My husband and have gone several times with and without groups of friends. We enjoy the food, which reminds us of our annual trips to New Orleans. The catfish is just delicious!

• Visited June 2013