“Good” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #87 of 990 Restaurants in Rochester
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Rochester's Original Crab Shack is open seven days a week for lunch AND dinner. Seafood, Pasta, Steaks, Salads, Sandwiches and more. Locally Owned. Locally Operated. Open at 11am Daily.
“Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

The food here is definitely better then Joe's Crab Shack near the marketplace mall. If you have a birthday here the waiters and waitresses dress up as crabs. I had to record that. The service was pretty good too. The odd thing about this place is that the prices are a lot higher here for dinner then lunch. This is one of my favorite seafood places here in Rochester.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Downhill”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I went to the Crab Shack to host my out of town brother last weekend as we were able to use the gift cards we had received for Christmas and to experience the service and food we had enjoyed so much a year ago. It has changed management over the past year and we were very, very disappointed. The service was very inexperienced, the food was very poor and the overall experience we had a year ago was no longer there. The fish was poorly cooked, the waitress did not know the menu and we left very dissatisfied.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Great seafood in upstate New York!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have lived on the New England coast and on Chesapeake Bay, so I am rather particular about seafood. Well... I am very particular about seafood. The meal we enjoyed at the Crab Shack was terrific. The crab & lobster bisque was nothing short of fantastic and the entree was most enjoyable. I ordered steak, lobster tail and grilled shrimp. The steak was cooked perfectly and as tender as one might hope. The lobster was excellent as was the shrimp. My wife does not eat seafood but that did not prohibit her from having a delightful salad and terrific meal. After our meal we were served complimentary lemon sorbet. The service was prompt, polite and attentive. The manager stopped by to thank us for visiting and was very cordial. The atmosphere was what one might hope for in a place called the Crab Shack. This place is a terrific addition to the dining out options in Rochester. Did I say that the crab & lobster bisque was nothing short of fantastic?

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nunda, New York
“One of the best places I've gotten seafood in Rochester”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

If you're looking for a great seafood place in Rochester, this is the place to go. The food was very good and the service was excellent. Is it eating seafood straight out of the ocean? No, but we're in Rochester, NY not Boston!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“This is the place to bring the family for consistently delicious seafood in Rochester, NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Delicious freah seafood and full bar ... Great place every time. I usually order the lobster and steamed clams. The servers are friendly, knowledgable and attentive. I love the decor, kind of new englandly. Just a real fun place to go and enjoy each others company and celebrate whatever!

• Visited November 2013