“Homewood Suite in ROchester” 5 of 5 stars

Book Early & Save Big!
Ranked #3 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Taipei, The Netherlands
“Homewood Suite in ROchester”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2014

Very nice stay experience at HomeWood suite in Rochester. Free breakfast, lunch and dinner.. Swimming pool, free wireless internet access. Nice service, clean room with comfortable room and bed. One living room and one bath room.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michael M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about our hotel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We work hard to make our guests feel that they are at home. It was a pleasure serving you and we hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2014

We had an excellent trip while we were there but once we got home we realized that my daughter had forgotten her Victoria Secret bathing suit in the room. We made repeated calls and there was never any follow up. They told us it was not found. I know it was there because I saw it drying in the closet. The housekeepers ended up telling the management they never saw it. There was no resolution offered.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michael M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, September 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. I sincerely appreciate your feedback and I'm very sorry that you phone calls were never returned. This is unacceptable and I am taking the steps to make sure that this does not happen again. I have spoken to both the Housekeeping Supervisor and the housekeeper who cleaned your room regarding your issue. The housekeeper states that she did not see a bathing suit in the room when she cleaned it. The Housekeeping Supervisor did not see the bathing suit when she inspected the room after it had been cleaned. I have checked the room that you stayed in and went through all of our lost and found and did not find the suit. The laundry department is also checking through our linen supplies and in the storage closets in case it was mixed in there.

The hotel is not responsible for items that are left behind and I apologize that we have not found the suit. We will continue to look for the suit and if it is found we will return it to you. I am going to credit your card $35 for the inconveniences of not having your calls returned. Again, I sincerely apologize for not being able to locate your bathing suit and for not having your phone calls returned. If there is anything that I may do for you, please feel free to contact me at your convenience.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

Recently stayed in a double queen suite at this hotel with my 84 year old mother and sister. It was clean and comfortable. The kitchenette was great. The sleeping room was dark and quiet - perfect for a quick getaway. Hotel is very convenient for highway access.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michael M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, August 21, 2014
I am very happy that you found our hotel to be comfortable. Our housekeepers take pride in cleaning their rooms and want our guests to enjoy their stay. I'm glad that the room was dark and quiet so that you could sleep comfortably. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Kirkville ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

If you need a comfortable suite in NW Rochester, Homewood is your place! Right off the main highway. close to shopping and eateries. Although a bit pricey for the area, the breakfast and amenities were good and added value.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Michael M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, August 20, 2014
We are happy to see that you enjoyed your visit to the Homewood Suites-Greece. We take pride in our property and want every guest to enjoy their stay. We hope to be able to serve you again in the future!
Ottawa Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Hotel was easy to find and there are many restaurants close by. Unfortunately we arrived after 10 pm on a Sunday so it was nice to have the table and chairs to eat our food we had grabbed at the drive through.

Check in was quick and front desk staff was friendly and helpful.

Room was a nice size, kitchen well equipped for basic eating needs. Comfortable King sized bed. As others have mentioned, hotel is starting to show its age but is clean and we'll maintained. Air conditioning unit was very noisy as is often the case at hotels.

We did not use the pool but it appeared small and there was no hot tub. I did notice a lift for wheelchair access in the pool area which I am not used to seeing in hotels but is a great option for those who require it. Gym was larger than many hotel fitness rooms and had a variety of equipment.

Breakfast was OK. After staying at Homewood Suites that have an outstanding meal I have a high standard. Eggs were decent and had lots of meat in them-other hot options were ham and shredded potatoes. A few kinds of cereal were available as well as bread, waffles and yoghurt. There were only Styrofoam plates and bowls which seems cheap (unless I'm at a cookout or picnic).

Coffee was decent but not great. No ceramic mugs available-only take out cups.

All in all a nice stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Michael M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Homewood Suites Greece for your recent stay. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and our property. I would like to apologize for the noisy air conditioning unit that you encountered. I can imagine that this was frustrating. If there is every anything that we may do for you, please contact us at your convenience. We hope to see you again in the future!
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Overpriced small room! Our room was handicapped accessible but the furthest room from the main lobby, on the second floor. Very inconvenient for my husband in a wheelchair. Because our room was on the end of the hall we heard the noise from the interstate outside, trucks at 5:30 every morning! The breakfast ended at 9:00am each morning, ridiculous for a family on vacation! We even had to bus our own table for breakfast each morning before we could eat! Disappointing stay!

Room Tip: Request a room closer to the lobby
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Michael M, General Manager at Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
Thank you for sharing your review of our hotel. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations. I can imagine that having a room at the end of the hallway was an inconvenience for you and your family. Our breakfast hours during the week are from 6:00 AM until 9:00 AM. I'm sorry if this was not conveyed to you at the time of booking or upon check-in. If there is anything that I may do for you, please feel free to contact me at your convenience at 585-865-8534.
Oakville, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We went there as family of 4 with 2 toddlers. First impression of receptionist was good but we felt she didn't sustain that good impression by the end of the check-in process. Breakfast was okay. It was served on the other side of the lobby. Great parking all around the building. Friendly cleaning staff. We had the king suite with a kitchen. Very useful for families with small children. I recommend it if you were in its neighbourhood. You also would need a vehicle because it's not really in the middle of anything that attracts tourists and is a little out of the way from main roads. In other words, a walking tour is not attractive at all.

Room Tip: Families should book the suites.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am happy that you found that our rooms were the perfect size for your family. I would like to apologize for your experience at check-in and will look into this issue. Thank you for recommending us and I hope that we will see you again!

Been to Homewood Suites Rochester/Greece? Share your experiences!