“Another Must See in Rochester, NY” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 149 things to do in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The National Susan B. Anthony Museum & House shares the story of Susan B. Anthony's lifelong struggle to gain voting rights for women and equal rights for all. We keep her vision alive and relevant by preserving and sharing Anthony's National Historic Landmark home; collecting artifacts and research materials directly related to her life and work; and making these resources available to the public through tours, publications, the internet, and interpretive programs. Come visit us today!
13 attraction reviews
“Another Must See in Rochester, NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I am so grateful for this woman's efforts and I really enjoyed this museum. There were quite a few artifacts that I found facsinating. The tour was very good, they gave you enough information and were knowledgeable about our questions. I wish we had more time though, we got in for the last tour of the day. I loved the fact that this house is still in a neighborhood and did not become commercialized so you could imagine what it must have been like for Susan when she lived here.

Visited September 2010

Chicago, Illinois
16 attraction reviews
“A wonderful tour by a friendly and knowledgeable staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2010

This was my first stop on a recent trip to the Finger Lakes region to visit the sites associated with the beginnings of the women's rights movement, and I can only say: kudos to the director and staff of the Susan B. Anthony House in Rochester for keeping her legacy alive!

New England
“Inspiring bit of history”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I had an excellent time at the SBA house. I had a couple of hours at the end of my stay, and was running a few minutes late. I called and the staff made sure I got into the last tour of the day.

Apparently finding a cab is REALLY difficult, so ask your hotel shuttle for a ride or book your airport cab well in advance. I lucked out that the hotel shuttle was able to pick me up after not getting a cab ride that could pick me up on time for my flight. (Almost everything is close to the airport there.)

Annapolis
40 attraction reviews
“If you admire strong women, see this”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2009

The Susan Anthony House is very small and unpretentious compared to the Eastman House on the other side of town. You take a guided tour through the house and learn the history of woman's suffrage and how a few women were able to change things for all even though they were ridiculed by the press. She was very inspirational and you really get a sense of her life through the tour. The tour took about 40 minutes.

Baldwinsville, ny
7 attraction reviews
“Fantastic tour, staff are great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2008

We currently traveled to Susan B. Anthony's House with our Cadette Girl Scout troop. The girls range from 11 to 13 years old. I expected a full day of eyes rolling and heavy sighs. I was pleasantly supprised to say the girls loved the tour so much they would go back in an instant. The tour operator Anne Callanan kept the girls attention the entire tour. What a wonderful learning experience for all of us. Thank You Anne!