“Great Hibachi” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Great Hibachi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great evening out! Went on a week night for daughters birthday. Short wait, we relaxed and enjoyed the company. Server was friendly and attentive. Food was fresh, well prepared & tasty. We had filet mignon, steak, chicken, salmon & shrimp. Chef 2 was entertaining, friendly, fun & skillful! We brought home as much food as we ate. Soup & salad included. Kids sodas had free refills. Prices are reasonable considering we each are eating 2 meals. Used a Groupon which always helps - covered the tip. They brought out a bowl of icecream with chocolate sauce for the birthday kid & banged a gong. She got to hit it too which she thoroughly enjoyed. The other customers at our table sang happy birthday with us, very nice. Restaurant was clean except for the occasional errant flying rice ball that missed its mark. We all really enjoyed it! Can't wait to go back:)

• Visited August 2014

1,516 reviews 1,516 reviews
“Great dinner - quick this time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I've reviewed this restaurant many times, and this was the first time I've ever given it a '5' score (I think). I had the yakisoba for dinner, as I wasn't overly hungry. But I ordered shrimp and then extra shrimp to go with the noodles, and it was fabulous. Also, we had an amazing waitress (whose name I cannot remember), who was super-friendly and took superb care of us. GREAT service! yes, I do love this place, and highly recommend it to everyone.

• Visited July 2014
1,516 reviews 1,516 reviews
“Another great lunch - fantastic sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

I've dined at Sakura Home on a number of occasions, so this was just one more very good meal at this wonderful sushi restaurant that also features a hibachi bar on the other side. The sushi is always fresh, tasty, and artistically arranged for you on your platter. It isn't the cheapest sushi restaurant in Rochester, but it is one of the nicest. The sushi lunch comes with a salad and a hot miso soup, both of which are authentic and tasty. (I also like the hot/moist cleansing towels they bring out before your meal. It's a nice touch!)

There isn't much more to say here that I haven't already reported in the past. This is a great place, and you should give it a try. But if you want to dine on the hibachi side, make sure to get a reservation, as that side fills up a lot quicker.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Decent Sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Good solid sushi on a recent visit. Atmosphere is a bit more contemporary than some Japanese spots. Lots of children on the Friday evening we were there. Service was prompt and efficient.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, New York
“Sakura home is awesome great service and amazing food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

I go there 4-5 times a year and the receptionist, server and cook are always great fats and polite. I love the food especially the Yum Yum is to die for. The lunch prices are very resonible and they have great portions with the hibachi.

• Visited April 2014