“Excellent Service and Lodging” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #7 of 32 Hotels in Rochester
Certificate of Excellence 2014
San Diego, California
“Excellent Service and Lodging”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Great stay. Everyone is helpful and friendly and the rooms are clean and nicely done. The staff went above and beyond to assure that everything was done well. The breakfast service is wonderful and they have a snack area where you can buy everything from a frozen burrito to a bottle of wine. The free shuttle within a 3 mile radius is a luxury. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Riverfront was wonderful
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Guest-

We are pleased you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for choosing us!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Philadelphia, PA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We traveled from out of state with a 2 yr old. I called several hours ahead asking for early check-in so my toddler could nap. They kept telling me that the rooms were being cleaned and to call back. After several calls and finally arriving, they made us wait even longer. I was told there was no way the cleaning staff could get to all the rooms before regular check-in and there were a bunch of unexpected students they needed to tend to. How can you be surprised by students? It's a University Hotel! My impression was they were understaffed and mismanaged. The manager was not helpful or flexible at all.

In addition, once checked in the hotel was not pleasant. The whole floor smelled like a mixture of curry and BO. The breakfast didn't start until 7:30 and they were late getting that out. At one point, my husband went out to get something from the car. When he came back he was accused by the staff of not being a guest. They called the room and first asked if I had a husband with me and then told me he was "confused and wondering around". He's 35, not senile! Very rude.

This hotel was recommended by our friends in the area as they've had other people stay here. What a disappointment. Maybe it was change in management? Either way, I will not stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest-

I am sorry to hear that you had a less than perfect stay. We are committed to making sure that all of our guest leave here with the best possible impression and want to come back again. It looks like the two major problem you had was the check in and the smell in the hall. Early check in is a service that we would like to offer our guest if it is available. When we have nights that are sold out it is harder to accommodate those request but we do our best, we are sorry that you were not able to extend that to you. Addressing the issue with the smell in the hall way, unfortunately since we do have kitchens in every unit some times we can not control what people cook. We do try to combat food smells that do pose an issue. Again we are sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us, but please feel free to try us again so we may impress you.

Warm regards,

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was born and raised in the 19th ward in Rochester, NY. This hotel is a lovely addition to the community. The complimentary breakfast, evening reception with dinner, fitness center, internet and free laundry make this an exceptional value. The location is near the University of Rochester. Brian, Fonz and the management staff will go above and beyond to make sure the guests are comfortable. I have stayed here 4 times and it is always my first choice when I'm in Rochester, New York. There is also a shuttle (driven by Keith) that travels to many locations within a 3 mile radius including UR and Wegmans.

Room Tip: Stay in the even numbered rooms facing the Genesee River.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest-

Welcome back to the area. We are pleased that you choose to stay with us. Thank you for your kind words I will share your review with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again!

Troy, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the Staybridge chain (the first was recently in Buffalo) and I am happy to say the standard of quality is consistent. Received a warm welcome from the front desk staff member, Fonz. Room was clean, sofa comfortable, and the view of the Genesee river was relaxing. Keith, the shuttle driver, was happy to drive myself and my work colleague to the Rochester Jazz Festival. Breakfast featured eggs, sausage, home fries, waffles, various breads, yogurt, fruit, and hard boiled eggs - enough to please most. I enjoyed sitting on the deck eating my Chinese delivery while sipping the complimentary beer. The only drawback is that my room was by the elevator which I could hear beeping. However, it was not annoying enough to ask to have my room changed. I would stay here again and have encouraged my friends and family to do so. For me, the warm welcome and friendly customer service is the best selling point.

• Stayed June 2014
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Jessica L-

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to refer us and writing a great review. We would love to see you during a future stay!

NYS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family, friends and I stayed here last year the night before the (fundraiser) Stroll for Strong Kids (Golisano Children's Hospital), and we liked it so much we came back this year. I cannot say anything bad about the experience either time. From the time we checked in to the time we checked out, we were accommodated every step of the way. It almost seemed like a dream (sounds corny, but it is true.) I would like to say that the front desk young man, Franz, is a huge asset to the property. He made everyone in our group (26 people in 4 double rooms) feel very welcome and helped in any way possible. Two of the big attractions are the swimming pool and the fire pit on the patio out back which looks over the river. We all loved it! The other bonus for us is that we could walk over to the park where the Stroll for Strong event took place instead of having to drive over, find parking and walk to get to the start line anyway. I highly recommend this hotel for family, fun, business....whatever! We will be back again next year!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest -

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your positive feed back and will let Franz know of the compliment you paid him in your review. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Melissa Guenther
Direct of Sales
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Friendly Hotel close to the airport and by the river. The managers special on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening was excellent. Breakfast was fine with a reasonable choice of foods.
Room not as 'grand' as some suite hotels but fully functional.

Room Tip: I was staying in a third floor room and felt/heard the people above when they moved around. So perha...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest-

We are sorry to hear of your issues with the room above you, but glad you enjoyed the spectacular view of the river and our food service. At the Stay Bridge Suites we pride our selves on the positive guest experience. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you!

Vernon, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The staff at this property are all very friendly and really made me feel at home. The happy hour buffet is a nice touch with wine and tap beer available. The food was so so but still good as a pre dinner appetizer. The rooms are very spacious. Now the issue: When I went to bed I noticed a fairly large spider climbing up the wall which was directly to the side of the bed. Although I do not have any particular fear of spiders or insects in general, seeing a spider climbing a wall inches from where you are about to go to sleep is a bit alarming. I'm sad to report, unlike me, the spider did not survive the incident. I cannot give more than 3 stars based on that incident, otherwise they would have had at least 4.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear TTMLL2215,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. I am delighted to know that you found our hotel staff highly commendable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the room cleanliness may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the honor of serving you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Staybridge Suites Rochester University? Share your experiences!