“Beautiful stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Beautiful stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I was born and raised in the 19th ward in Rochester, NY. This hotel is a lovely addition to the community. The complimentary breakfast, evening reception with dinner, fitness center, internet and free laundry make this an exceptional value. The location is near the University of Rochester. Brian, Fonz and the management staff will go above and beyond to make sure the guests are comfortable. I have stayed here 4 times and it is always my first choice when I'm in Rochester, New York. There is also a shuttle (driven by Keith) that travels to many locations within a 3 mile radius including UR and Wegmans.

Room Tip: Stay in the even numbered rooms facing the Genesee River.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest-

Welcome back to the area. We are pleased that you choose to stay with us. Thank you for your kind words I will share your review with our staff. We look forward to seeing you again!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Troy, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

This was my second time staying at the Staybridge chain (the first was recently in Buffalo) and I am happy to say the standard of quality is consistent. Received a warm welcome from the front desk staff member, Fonz. Room was clean, sofa comfortable, and the view of the Genesee river was relaxing. Keith, the shuttle driver, was happy to drive myself and my work colleague to the Rochester Jazz Festival. Breakfast featured eggs, sausage, home fries, waffles, various breads, yogurt, fruit, and hard boiled eggs - enough to please most. I enjoyed sitting on the deck eating my Chinese delivery while sipping the complimentary beer. The only drawback is that my room was by the elevator which I could hear beeping. However, it was not annoying enough to ask to have my room changed. I would stay here again and have encouraged my friends and family to do so. For me, the warm welcome and friendly customer service is the best selling point.

• Stayed June 2014
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Jessica L-

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We appreciate you taking the time to refer us and writing a great review. We would love to see you during a future stay!

NYS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

My family, friends and I stayed here last year the night before the (fundraiser) Stroll for Strong Kids (Golisano Children's Hospital), and we liked it so much we came back this year. I cannot say anything bad about the experience either time. From the time we checked in to the time we checked out, we were accommodated every step of the way. It almost seemed like a dream (sounds corny, but it is true.) I would like to say that the front desk young man, Franz, is a huge asset to the property. He made everyone in our group (26 people in 4 double rooms) feel very welcome and helped in any way possible. Two of the big attractions are the swimming pool and the fire pit on the patio out back which looks over the river. We all loved it! The other bonus for us is that we could walk over to the park where the Stroll for Strong event took place instead of having to drive over, find parking and walk to get to the start line anyway. I highly recommend this hotel for family, fun, business....whatever! We will be back again next year!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
GeneralManager88, Director of Sales at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Guest -

Thank you for your review of our hotel. We appreciate your positive feed back and will let Franz know of the compliment you paid him in your review. Thank you for choosing us and we look forward to serving you again in the future!

Melissa Guenther
Direct of Sales
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Friendly Hotel close to the airport and by the river. The managers special on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday evening was excellent. Breakfast was fine with a reasonable choice of foods.
Room not as 'grand' as some suite hotels but fully functional.

Room Tip: I was staying in a third floor room and felt/heard the people above when they moved around. So perha...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest-

We are sorry to hear of your issues with the room above you, but glad you enjoyed the spectacular view of the river and our food service. At the Stay Bridge Suites we pride our selves on the positive guest experience. We hope you will give us another chance to serve you!

Vernon, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

The staff at this property are all very friendly and really made me feel at home. The happy hour buffet is a nice touch with wine and tap beer available. The food was so so but still good as a pre dinner appetizer. The rooms are very spacious. Now the issue: When I went to bed I noticed a fairly large spider climbing up the wall which was directly to the side of the bed. Although I do not have any particular fear of spiders or insects in general, seeing a spider climbing a wall inches from where you are about to go to sleep is a bit alarming. I'm sad to report, unlike me, the spider did not survive the incident. I cannot give more than 3 stars based on that incident, otherwise they would have had at least 4.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Rochester University, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear TTMLL2215,

Thank you for taking time to post a review of our property. I am delighted to know that you found our hotel staff highly commendable.

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the room cleanliness may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to have the honor of serving you again.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGCare
Burlington, On
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

My family recently stayed at the Staybridge Suites in Rochester and we really enjoyed our stay. We had 3 adults and 2 kids so having the suite option with 2 bedrooms made a lot of sense. The rooms were clean and the staff were very friendly. Our room had a nice view of the Genessee river. The pool area was very nice (not a deep pool - but enough for the kids to have some fun). We stayed on a Sunday night and there weren't any restaurants open nearby so we had to drive a bit - we used the provided local directory to find some options. The free breakfast was a convenient way to start the next day as well.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest -

We are happy that you chose us to for your family get away. Thank you for all the kind words, we will pass this review on to our team!

Princeton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

I had a suite that overlooked the Genessee river. Very pretty view of the university . The suites have a kitchen with everything you need. During the week they have a BBQ and salad bar for guests. There is wine and beer and a nice fire pit to sit outside and relax. The hotel is clean and people are friendly . There is an indoor pool, hot tub and a gym. Breakfast was ok and included. Parking is close. They need to repave the entrance . Huge pot wholes and not very attractive.

• Stayed May 2014
Dear Guest-

Thank you for your kind words. We are sorry for the parking lot and will be repairing it in the near future. Thank you for staying with us!

Kind regards,

Director of Sales

Been to Staybridge Suites Rochester University? Share your experiences!