My husband and I recently stayed for 4 nights over Thanksgiving while visiting our daughter who is a freshman at the University of Rochester. The proximity to the River Campus makes it ideal, as it is a 2 minute drive over the road bridge from the hotel to the campus or a 10 minute walk over the footbridge to her dorm building.
We booked the one room suite which allowed for my husband and I to have the private bedroom and for my daughter to sleep on the pull out double bed in the sitting room. There is a television in both areas. I was happily surprised at the kitchen which really did have everything we could need in terms of silverware, crockery, washing up liquid and even paper towels provided. We took advantage one evening of the complimentary light supper and free drinks which are served, I believe, Tuesday thru Thursday evenings. The breakfast buffet also had everything we wanted, from eggs to self-serve waffles, fruit and yoghurt, and cereals.
I really appreciated that the laundry facilities are free to guests, when so many places require their guests to put in coins.
The staff was very accommodating and, although the hotel does border on a slightly rougher part of town, I certainly did not feel unsafe. Their only problem may be that some people tend to use the Staybridge parking lot as a driving shortcut and may go a little too fast through it, so if I had had young children with me I would have wanted to be sure to hold their hands heading out to the car.
I paid a little extra to have a river view from our suite and it was lovely to look across at night to the illuminated tower of the Rush Rhees Library on campus.
Having waited to book until I was able to pounce on a deal that was offered for paying in full in advance, I was very pleased indeed with the value for money we received. This would definitely be my first choice for a hotel in the University of Rochester vicinity, even after having previously had good experiences at the Best Western and the Holiday Inn, both in the Marketplace district.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Rochester University Hotel
- Staybridge Suites Rochester University Hotel Rochester
- Staybridge Suites Rochester
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Staybridge Suites hotel in Rochester, NY blends sophisticated, extended stay hotel surroundings with friendly service in a beautiful suburban setting. We are easily accessible from the NY Thruway, I-390, I-490, I-590 and are located just minutes from the Greater Rochester International Airport. Our hotel is just minutes away from the University of Rochester, Rochester Institute of Technology, and several major corporations such as Kodak, Bausch & Lomb, and Wegmans. You will experience comfort and convenience with our spacious studio, one-bedroom suites, and two bedroom suites, each complete with living room and full kitchen. Our daily breakfast buffet features hot items, and our free Sundowner Reception (featuring a light dinner with beer, wine, & soft drinks) is available Tuesday - Thursday evenings. If you prefer to dine out, choose from any number of restaurants that feature a range of cuisine and ambiance. When it's time to unwind, relax in the courtyard or at our indoor pool or workout in our fitness room. Leisure opportunities are plentiful- we are just minutes from Seneca Park Zoo and Rochester Museum and Science Center, and within a 1 hour drive to Finger Lakes, Casa Larga Vineyards, and the Genesee Country Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Staybridge Suites Rochester University reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.