“Great Food, Check it Out!” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers, Pizza, Bar
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Rochester, New York
“Great Food, Check it Out!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

My wife and I were very pleased with our meal at the Gate House in Village Gate. The menu had catchy names that were geo friendly/appropriate for our local and the ingredients were all thoughtful and enthusiastically interesting. We shared a pizza with grilled veggies and a salad with seared tuna--that was cooked perfectly, thank you very much! The interior/ambiance is chic and clean, small but cozy--try going Sunday afternoon or during the week as the news about this place is out on Friday and Saturday nights! We loved our dining experience and will definitely go back. Spend a few minutes and read the menu/items with ingredients, very interesting and enjoyable. Hats off to whomever produced the menu.

• Visited January 2014

Pittsford, New York
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

Based on a recommendation from family, we decided to try Gate House. We were not disappointed. We enjoyed the location as it is part of a progressive city locale. Burgers were large and juicy. Only complaint was it could have used more cheese. I had been there once before over a year ago and loved rosemary garlic fries. Tonight all I could taste was the garlic....not the fries I remember. The decore was interesting but the restaurant was a little on the loud side. Service was great. Pizza's looked great and can't wait to go back and try them.

• Visited January 2014
Upstate New York
“Progressive Pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

I met some family members here, not really knowing what to expect based on their vague descriptions of what type of restaurant this place is. In my opinion, the name is a little bit misleading. When we arrived, it made sense conceptually...more of a gourmet burger/pizza place. We went on a Friday night and waited about one hour for a table. The bar tenders were prompt. Our waitress was exceptionally nice and touched base with us at just the right times.
The "Auditorium" pizza was pretty good and a good value considering the portion size, the only minor critique would be that it could have used a little more seasoning or pesto. I had a bite of the lamb burger and it was delicious, I would order this the next time I visit. A couple of us shared the tiramisu, it was average at best since the mascarpone part tasted like boxed pudding mix. I would recommend this place, atmosphere is eclectic, service was excellent and overall, the food was good.

• Visited December 2013
ROCHESTER NY
“A Very very good first visit!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

We were meeting some friends for dinner on a Tuesday evening, and after reading recent reviews, I was mildly concerned. As it turns out, we had a very very good evening. Service was pleasant, animated, and attentive. We were greeted and seated promptly. Beer selection was outstanding, especially local brews on draft. Wine lost was nice. We shared several salads and pizza. Pizza was excellent. Good balance of flavors, crust crisp and not overdone. We were checked on several times, are appropriate intervals. Salads were all well received, we had nothing left over. Would definitely return. It is likely slower and more crowded ( as noted in other reviews) on weekends, because the food, staff, and beverage selections are all very good.

Visited November 2013
Rochester, NY
“Love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been here twice. Once with for a ladies night out, the other with my husband. The food has been excellent both times. Makes you want to come back! Service is good. The place is crowded and they do not accept reservations for small parties. On a Friday night, we had a one hour wait for a table. Well worth the wait.

Visited August 2013