“Great value for location” 3 of 5 stars

Budget Host East End Hotel
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30 Lake Avenue, Riverhead, NY 11901   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Riverhead
New York, New York, United States
“Great value for location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We read the reviews on trip advisor and weren't sure what to expect. The way some reviewers wrote about the place, you'd think you were staying at a crack house. That said, We're pleased to report that the rooms and pool are clean and the service was great. We were shown several rooms upon arrival and the staff was very accommodating to our requests.

If you're going to the Budget Host Hotel and expecting the Waldorf-Astoria, you will be disappointed but the rooms are a great value for the location. It's a short 10 minute drive to Splish Splash and the Tanger Outlets, 20 minutes from Southhampton and about an hour from Montauk.

If you're on a budget and just looking for a place to lay down at night, this is a great location.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan Y

NorthEast
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2012

Yes, the room was dated, but clean and functional. For someone who needed such a place just to sleep this place works well. The room has that 60s look, but clean. The furniture is sparse but adequate. For those who need peace and quiet this may not be the place for you. It is located close to the intersection of a few state and local roads. Truck noise can be annoying to the more sensitive. As for location, this place is well situated for day trips to the Forks, the north shore and Hamptons. The pool is clean, clear and welcoming after a summer day of sightseeing. Nearby are an array of restaurants and shopping. Window A/C was reasonably quiet, but curtains must be open for best cooling effect. The curtains should be trimmed around A/C.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool are more insulated from the traffic noise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank travelbob1
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2012

A shame to see so many bad reviews & I didn't see why. Its an older hotel so you must expect it to act its age,

the people in the building do a good job maintaining & making sure your needs are met, I had great service & anything I needed I got,

Ive stayed at over 100 hotels in less than 15 yrs from 5 star to 2 star & I was just as comfortable & happy at budget host inn than I have been in a 5 star.

More importantly, it didn't smell bad, it was clean, respectful staff, clean pool, clean office, good morning coffee,
I can't even complain about the hard beds ... what hotel ever has a comfortable bed? :)

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank 3ella
New York, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

The Hotel was a great fit for my needs. Staff was very polite and helpful. Wish I had more time to use the pool and tennis court.

Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012

Clean hotel with outdoor pool and tennis court on site prices are cheaper than most in the area. If this hotel was on the beach it would be the one for me. I live on the westside of Long Island,so to check out the Outlets, Montauk, and the Vineyards, it's best to stay somewhere instead of the doing the drive in one day. This time I wanted to check out the Vineyards, and of course, make a stop at the Outlets!

Room Tip: Request a pool side room
West Chester, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

If you are looking for a place to take a prostitute or do drugs, this is your place. The only thing this place was missing is the police tape and caulk outlines. I had a lot to say about how disgusting this place is, but I realized most of the other reviews are spot on about its filfh, bugs, disrepair, and smell.

If you have nowhere else to stay, sleep in your car. But, if you choose to sleep in your car in the parking lot of this hotel, be sure to lock your doors.

2 Thank Aspotigo

Travelers are raving about these Riverhead hotels

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

Upon booking 2 rooms for our guests and ourselves, we checked in at 7pm and as soon as we saw the rooms we ran out at 7:01! The bedspreads were nasty and covered in burns/holes, there was a kitchenette with residents of it's own...the carpet was FILTHY and the shower's knobs FELL right off the shower wall! In case you're wondering I wanted to rinse my flip-flop off in the tub before leaving that hell hole as I stepped in something sticky...yuk.
Booked through Expedia and really embarrassed as we brought guests. So gross please don't even bother; this is a hooker spot/crack den. No one can tell me otherwise. NASTY!

Room Tip: I said average as they gave me a full refund thank goodness!
    • 3 of 5 stars
Budget H, General Manager at Budget Host East End Hotel, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to provide us with feedback from your recent stay at our hotel. On behalf of our entire staff, I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible.

After inspection of the room that was assigned to you, we have addressed the maintenence issues that affected your stay. Our front desk staff also assisted your party in finding other accomaditions right away. Your thoughts about our Inn being a "hooker spot/crack den are imaginary. In the future we kindly request addressing the issues that you have experienced.

It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in our hotel. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences during your stay and hope to see you during your next visit.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead
Southampton Long Island Hotel
Southampton Long Island Hotel
#3 of 8 in Southampton
3.5 of 5 stars 68 reviews

Been to Budget Host East End Hotel? Share your experiences!