“hit or miss” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Hampton Bays, New York
“hit or miss”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

the wait staff is very young and inexperienced... you wait forever from beginning to end... and after the dinner , my debit card number was stolen and used at a later date... thank goodness my bank alerted me and shut my account down....I won't be going back there any time soon.

Port Jefferson Station, New York
“Atmosphere !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I just had a chance to eat here this weekend and I must say I was pleasantly surprised right from the beginning. The outside of the restaurant was well kept. Once inside you are greeted with open arms. The bar is awesome with someone that knows more than beer. If you are looking for a place to have a cocktail or a meal this is the place!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Sag Harbor, New York
“The reason my 4 year old son will try fish.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

I have been going here for a few years. Everything I have tried I have enjoyed. My husband likes that the fish is fresh. When my children were old enough to experiment we had them try the sweet thai cod fish (can't remember the name of it) and they loved it. Now my 4 year old son will try fish and tells everyone he loves cod. My daughter (3) is also willing to try new fish dishes she's just not as vocal about it. This is not a fancy place, and it is also a fish market so it does have a mild smell of fish and the service can be inconsistent but if a mild comment is made they usually improve. My family loves coming here.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
nyc
“Tourist trap”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

This would qualify as a bottom tier tourist trap where I come from. It is benefiting from inexplicable positive reviews from people who either drink too much or want to fill their kids up because the portions are huge but the food is worse than a chain restaurant.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
calverton
“poor service and awful food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

first time was good....baked platter was very good and the bucket of clams was great..second time the bucket was almost empty..like 7 small clams...the salmon in teriaki sauce was the worst ever,,swimming in a sickening sweet sauce as well as the sweet potatoes and broc raab,,fish came out overcooked burnt and hard as a rock...NEVER GOING BACK. SERVICE WAS AWFUL TOO..NEVER CAME BACK TO SEE OR ASK OR EVEN REFILL THE DRINKS OR WATER. FIRST TIME IN MY LIFE I DIDNT LEAVE A TIP

Visited August 2012