“The Buried Burrito! - Oh, and other wonderful food.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #28 of 97 Restaurants in Riverhead
Cuisines: Mexican
Columbia, Missouri
“The Buried Burrito! - Oh, and other wonderful food.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

The Buried Burrito!! It is so amazing! The other food there is wonderful as well! I agree with the other folks that the guac is pretty much tasteful.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Millington, New Jersey
“Good food and generous portion”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stopped here looking for something different for dinner. The single Fajita dinner was approximately $11.50 and the family portion was $23.50. Since there were two of us, I ordered the family portion and got enough for 4 people. I got chicken and beef with several toppings including guacamole, black beans, tomato, rice, sour cream etc. I felt the meat was a little dry and the gaucamole wasn't exactly the way I liked it. I felt that it lacked the flavor of the avocados. It could be just me because they were very crowded. The inside seating is limited but the outside tables were very nice. If we go back, I will probably order the single portion and supplement it with maybe some tacos or tamales.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Long Island, NY
“Get anything but chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Everything I've had is good...typical tex-mex americana mex fare. The palta y pollo is good, but other than that I recommend to stay away from the chicken, as it is very dry. Guac is somewhat bland. Everything is consistent though.

Visited June 2012
Danbury, CT
“My favorite stop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stop here frequently on the way back from Cupsogue. Food is always great. Service friendly. Try the Buried Burrito and have a healthy appetite! My favorite in Riverhead.

• Visited June 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Montanita, Ecuador
“Best TexMex on Long Island”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

This little taco hut is out of the way, but well worth the trip. Grab your food and head out back to the gazebo to eat away from all the traffic. It is my favorite place to get the Mexican food on Long Island, and the only one that lives up to the standards I developed while living on the border in Texas.

• Visited July 2011