“I like this place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #55 of 97 Restaurants in Riverhead
West Islip
“I like this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I disagree about the service. I've been here with friends several times and we've always had pretty good service. I guess they don't rush you out and people are not used to that. I love their soups and sandwiches. Very tasty, very cute place. A good place to stop before drinking wine!

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

deer park, ny
“Poor Service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2011

Preveous reveiws indicated and I agree that the although the food is very good, waiting for it takes out the enjoyment of eating it. We waited 5 min for the waitress to hand us a menu then 20 min for our order to come. And this was for a pot of tea, cup of soup, and a simple sandwich.. We saw many people leave in frustration. Come on Tea Time, hire more staff!

• Visited September 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Nesconset, New York
“I can't believe no one has reviewed this place yet!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

I have gone to Tea Time Cottage many times since I live on Long Island. I first discovered it a couple years ago and it didn't really grow on me until Natasha came--she's like the manager of a small, 3-man operation. The owners live behind the property, and I've seen them come in to check on things occassionally, but they don't seem to really understand what this mom & pop operation needs to thrive. This place is small and depends on the local community to support their business, ie repeat customers. This is exactly what Natasha did. She cultivated a group of loyal and repeat customers. However, she doesn't work there anymore and it's just not the same. The food is still good, usually 3 types of sandwiches and a few choices of soup, good scones and a couple cakes (baked goods from a local bakery). BUT. The new service sucks--and this is exactly my experience before Natasha came and why I never really was that connected to the place. We weren't greeted when we entered, the owners have hired a new manager who would rather count the tip money than actually put a smile on his face and ask if you're being helped! I can't believe they actually got tips!! Today someone decided to open the front door with no screen(!) and there were flies everywhere... I tried to be understanding but flies and food--it's just such an unpleasant combination. In conclusion, Tea Time Cottage = mediocre service, but still good lunch food with a very nice selection of teas. What a disappointment today after such a great year with Natasha.

• Visited September 2011