“Good Beer, Food Usually Better” 3 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #40 of 97 Restaurants in Riverhead
East Moriches, New York
“Good Beer, Food Usually Better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Enjoyed the Crooked Ladder beer (Red). Ordered the Fish and Chips. Caesar salad was excellent but the Fish was not very good. Cod usually has a nice texture but this was mushy and tasteless. I have eaten here many times before and this was the first disappointing meal. I hope they read this because this was the worst fish I've ever eaten.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

New Hyde Park, New York
“Good meal. Fair price.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

Had dinner with wife and another couple had called ahead for table of fou, table was ready when we arrived, service was perfect, she was attentive, knowledgeable,and friendly enough. Prime rib was a very nice piece and cooked as requested, two of us had ribs, tender and meaty, very good Wife had chicken cob salad very large fulling dish. Three of us had glass of wine each. Entree came with salad or soup all enjoyed their choice. Will go back. Only reason for 4stars was automatic gratuity for party of four?? What's with that??

Visited November 2013
Southampton, New York
“Fish'n'Chips Cod not fresh, Customer Service needs work”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

Tried the Broken Ladder porter, but found it slightly bitter after one sip. When I asked if I could send it back and get a Guinness instead, I was told I could, but I would have to pay for two drinks. Apparently, this joint places "restaurant policy" over customer service and good will; IMHO, that is no way to ensure repeat business. Most other establishments would have accepted the exchange without the hassle. The wings were tangy with the right amount of kick, but we had to wave down our waiter a couple of times just to get extra napkins that normally accompanies this typically messy finger food. The salad was slightly wilted, not crisp and not particularly flavorful, like it had been prepared the day before. The deep fried cod, while not greasy, was tough inside the batter. The waffle fries were crisp with a delicious hint of a cheese crust. My husband's steak au poivre was decent, but nothing to write home about. I probably would not return here.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Incompletely slow service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

Walked back to the hotel and am reasonably sure the rest of my party has not been served! Didn't even see the waiter during the last half hour before I walked!

Visited August 2013
Long Island, NY
“OK Burgers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

I recently went to Digger's with a group for dinner because the restaurant we had planned to visit was closed. So I was slightly disappointed from the start. I had been here once before at lunch and had a decent burger. This time I went with marinated sirloin medallions. The steak was decent but I didn't like the marinade. If I were to return, I would order a burger.

• Visited July 2013