I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express for two weeks on business. One of the few places that were available at the government FY09 allowance for the area (although the FY10 rate is oddly a dollar less). Weekend rates were much higher, but that wasn't surprising. The place was full with wedding parties on weekends. The free breakfast was better than most. There was the usual pastries and cereal, as well as warm cinnamon rolls, hard boiled eggs, and fruit salad. Coffee was available all day, and you could apparently buy a beer or mixed drink in the evening.
My room had a king bed with a mix of firm and soft pillows, which I thought was a nice touch. The bed was a little on the soft side for my liking, but not too bad. The room had wireless internet and a work desk, but no fridge or microwave. The bedroom and bathroom were clean and decent size. The curved bathtub curtain rod was tilted, so the shower curtain kept sliding to the center - probably more of a hassle for the housekeeper than for me. The carpets in the halls and room seemed badly stained for the age of the property.
It's not a great location in itself, but it's convenient as a launching point to other east end destinations such as the myriad of wineries or quaint little towns like Greenport, Snug Harbor, or Montauk. It's close to the Tanger Mall outlet shops, an Applebee's, Panera Bread, and strip malls .
I think it's a great place for both business and leisure travel and I wouldn't hesitate staying there again.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express East End Hotel Riverhead
- Holiday Inn Express East End Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Riverhead
- Holiday Inn Riverhead
- Riverhead Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express East End Riverhead, NY - Long Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express East End Hotel is centrally located in the heart of the north and south forks of Long Island's Suffolk County. Whether your stay is for business or pleasure, the modern luxury and impeccable service of the Holiday Inn Express East End is sure to please. Guests staying in any of our spacious rooms will enjoy our 24-hour business center, free wired and wireless internet access, Express Start complimentary continental breakfast, a refreshing workout in our 24-hour fitness center, or unwind in our Great Room enjoying the warmth of our fireplace along with coffee and tea available 24 hours. We are conveniently located to some of the most popular sites on Long Island: Tanger Outlet Center, Atlantis Marine World Aquarium, Splish Splash Water Park, Long Island Wine Country, Riverhead Raceway, the famed Hamptons, and much more. Please contact the hotel directly to inquire about our packages.Visit Riverhead, NY and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express East End. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express East End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.