This year my family split our summer vacation up into two areas, Long Island and Washington D.C. I tend to choose Holiday Inn properties because I am a rewards member. This was our choice for our first 4 nights of vacation (Sun-Wed).
1. My main beef with my previous visits to Long Island has been how long it takes to drive from one place to another. It seems like half my visit is spent in the car. The HIE Riverhead is located an awesome minute or two off the end of the Long Island Expressway. This seriously reduced the amount of time I spent in the car this year.
2. Lots of restaurants and shopping areas just a minute or two from the hotel. There is a 7-11 you can walk to for snacks and sundries, and a proper grocery store just a few minutes down the road.
3. The pool was clean, the area around the pool was tidy, and there were very few other users of the pool. I went swimming two evenings to cool off and sunbathed for a couple hours one afternoon and never once was bothered by other patrons. The other people using the pool were friendly and quiet.
4. Free breakfasts are great. Its a huge time and money saver for the family to be able to get up, get ready, and head down for breakfast at their own pace.
5. The staff was super friendly. We were greeted with a small Priority Rewards gift bag a check in and never had a problem getting a question answered.
1. We had 4 people staying in the room but housekeeping never gave us 4 towels. We ended up just going down to the pool and grabbing some of those towels for our showers or else having to call each day for more towels.
2. We were unable to get a luggage rack for our room, which meant we had to use the ironing board to hold some of our bags.
3. The television was pretty old (not HD or flatscreen) and more than half the channels weren't working. I know there is a war going on between some of the cable companies and the dish providers, but some of the missing channels (All the HBOs, the main ESPN) weren't part of that. Since we didn't use the television that much anyway, I never bothered to call and complain about it, but its something to keep in mind if you plan on spending a lot of time in the room.
Overall: While I am not happy with the rate we had to pay for the room, I realize that it's just the cost of doing business in Long Island. When I am forced to pay these higher rates I really just want my trip to go smoothly and not have to drag a good experience out of anyone. The HIE in Riverhead did just that and we will make it our first choice the next time we visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express East End Hotel is centrally located in the heart of the north and south forks of Long Island's Suffolk County. Whether your stay is for business or pleasure, the modern luxury and impeccable service of the Holiday Inn Express East End is sure to please. Guests staying in any of our spacious rooms will enjoy our 24-hour business center, free wired and wireless internet access, Express Start complimentary continental breakfast, a refreshing workout in our 24-hour fitness center, or unwind in our Great Room enjoying the warmth of our fireplace along with coffee and tea available 24 hours. We are conveniently located to some of the most popular sites on Long Island: Tanger Outlet Center, Atlantis Marine World Aquarium, Splish Splash Water Park, Long Island Wine Country, Riverhead Raceway, the famed Hamptons, and much more. Please contact the hotel directly to inquire about our packages.Visit Riverhead, NY and stay smart at the Holiday Inn Express East End. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express East End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express East End Hotel Riverhead
- Holiday Inn Express Riverhead
- Holiday Inn Riverhead
- Riverhead Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express East End Riverhead, NY - Long Island