“GREAT HOTEL!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Long Island, NY
“GREAT HOTEL!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Surprised my husband with a birthday get away and decided to give the Hyatt Place a try since it got wonderful reviews. I wanted to visit some wineries and they were about 10 minutes from this hotel so I booked us a room for the night. WELL I could not wait to write my reivew! I booked a king bed harbor view room. The room is a mini suite. Very nice couch area with a refridgerator and coffee maker and a nice desk. HUGE big screen TV in the room too. The bed was super comfortable as were the pillows. The bathroom and the rest of the room AND the hotel were SPOTLESS! Very modern lobby with a really nice free breakfast the next morning. Someone posted they had great coffee and I have to agree the coffee in the lobby was OUTSTANDING! They also have starbucks coffee available but I don't see the need for Starbucks because the coffee they offered was much better than starbucks in my opinion. There was always someone cleaning up the dinning area and replenishing the coffee supply. Upon check in the gentlemen was so nice and helpful and even at checkout we were asked how our stay was and if we enjoyed ourselves. The staff at the hotel is amazing. I had spoken to the manager about our stay because I wanted to make sure it was special. Steve and Katerina were very helpful and take pride in their hotel. We ate right next door at Jerry & the mermaid because of other reviews on tripadvisor and the food was really great and no driving necessary! I didn't feel like I was in Riverhead only 45 minutes from my home. We will definately be back possibly with a group of people to make a day of the wineries and will not think twice about staying here again. It's right next door to the Aquarium. Riverhead is working hard on rebuilding their beautiful little town and this gem of a Hotel is going to help bring people back. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a little getaway. My husband was very impressed with this hotel and really enjoyed his birthday surprise. Thanks again Steve and Katerina!

Room Tip: The harbor view rooms are really nice!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

300 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
ny
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I just got off the phone and the woman on the line said in a very unfriendly, irritated tone that they are a "limited services" hotel and they do not have a restaurant or room service. Period. End of conversation.
Also, the Land and Sea Package is not a good value. The woman told me that the Land and Sea Package is Rack Rate plus two free tickets to the aquarium for $210. But the AAA room rate is about 163, and they'd be willing to sell me two tickets for $15.50 each "since you need them."
Also, when I tried to book on their web site, the AAA rate was the same as the regulare rate. The only difference was guaranteed late check-in.
So whatever manager said in one response to one of these reviews that they have 3 places to eat ... wrong. I suspect they have vending machines/shelves where you can buy pre-packaged food and then carry it over to whatever chair is available in the lobby.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steven S, General Manager at Hyatt Place Long Island East End, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Dear Visitor47NY,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and on behalf of the entire staff I apologize that your experience prior to arriving was anything less than satisfying. I am pleased to hear that you were accommodated by our staff and received the discounted aquarium tickets while booked at the AAA Rate. We have numerous packages available throughout the year and several guests have commented how they appreciated the savings and how much they enjoyed the package itself. I would be more than happy to discuss this package in detail with you over the phone if you would like to contact me at 631-208-0002. Our Hotel offers food options from our lobby 24/7 and we also have a full service restaurant next door. Our seasonal bar and grill in the rear of the hotel offers another option for dining at our facility when available.

We constantly strive to improve our customer service and feedback such as yours assists us to continuously improve our property on a daily basis. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to host you in our hotel. Again, I apologize for the inconveniences and hope to see you during your next visit.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 631-208-0002
Regards,

Steve Shauger
North Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived at the Hyatt on Friday, March 8 for a three night stay. The hotel has been here for less than two years. It is a neat, modern hotel with spacious rooms, great service, a 24/7 cafe where you can always get something to eat.

It is located on the Peconic River and is close proximity to wine country, suffolk county musuems and some beaches. The Atlantis Aquarium and Exhibition Hall is a one walk down the street as is the Suffolk Theater.

There is a free continental breakfast which is included.

The room was modern in terms of design and technology. It was very easy to to use the complementary wi-fi. If you have a portable DVD player, you can easily plug it into a port and watch videos on the large screen (42 ") flat screen tv.

The room was cleaned thoroughly.

There is an indoor pool and a fitness room.

All in all it was a great place to stay. If you plan to come in the summer, the prices are much higher.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

Granted My stay was on a few off season days in the winter, but in general I could not have been happier with this hotel. I have stayed at pretty much all the better hotels in Riverhead at one time or another and definitely found the staff here to be the best and friendliest by far. The room had some fun design features, large couch area, big working desk and nice separator between bed area and rest of the room. The breakfast, which was included, was exceptionally varied and again, the workers in this area very solicitous. While this area of town still has a ways to go to be revived, the location of the Aquarium right next door and a very pleasant local restaurant directly on the other side are welcome.

Room Tip: My room faced the street which does not get alot of traffic so was quiet but it probably would be ni...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Smithtown, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Best hotel experience by far! The staff could not have been more professional, helpful, or friendly. The rooms were nice and roomy and very clean! Breakfast was great and the coffee was even better. I was pleasently surprised with the variety of breakfast items that were included with the overnight stay, and it was delish. The hotel itself is in a perfect location, so close to so many attractions and all of the wineries. I will definately be coming back in the summer.
Couldnt have had a better experience :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Couldn’t disagree more! We had an amazing experience and I can’t believe TripAdvisor allows a reviewer to use racial slurs like “white trash” in a review.
My wife and I held our wedding at the Sea Star Ballroom, located directly next to The Hyatt, which was an absolutely remarkable experience. We were originally booked at another venue on Long Island, but after seeing the Sea Star and Hyatt Place built, we fell in love and changed the venue to Riverhead. We couldn’t have made a better decision. The wedding itself was amazing, but I will try to keep this review dedicated to the hotel.
The staff at the hotel was attentive and catered to our every need. They went above and beyond our expectations and helped to make the whole wedding day process awesome. Having the hotel on premise with our wedding venue made things simple. No worries about drinking and driving or anyone showing up late to our reception. The breakfast the next morning also turned out to be a great place to say our goodbyes before everyone went their separate ways. The breakfast itself is worth a good review. Besides the usual cold cereals, pastries, bagels, coffee, juice and fruit that you would get at a normal continental breakfast, there were also egg sandwiches on English muffins, hot oatmeal and French toast. That was much more then I would expect from a complimentary breakfast with a hotel stay.
The rooms were clean and the lay out was great. All rooms offered either a King Bed with a pull out coach or two Queen Beds with a pull out coach. There is a big lcd television visible throughout the room with a desk and mini fridge. More than adequate for a single night or extended stay.
We had no issues with noise from within the hotel or from the restaurant/bar next door. In fact, I think a lot of our friends and family wound up going over there for food and drinks both before and after our reception.
Overall we thought this was a great hotel to host a wedding block or have a regular stay. We will definitely choose to stay at the Hyatt next time we are on the East End of Long Island. We want can’t thank the Hyatt staff enough for helping out with our special day.

Room Tip: I think all regular rooms are pretty much identical. All that I saw were very nice. We stayed in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Nice place to stay when visiting the wineries. If you plan on going to the Long island Aquarium this would be the best place to stay since it is right next door to the aquarium.

The rooms were nice and clean. The pool was also nice. The free breakfast in the morning was good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Long Island East End? Share your experiences!