“Just beautiful” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 hotels in Riverhead
WANTAGH
“Just beautiful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

We only stayed one night- part of The Uncorked Tour- but the room was lovely... clean and pretty- a gorgeous pool- a delicous breakfast- The tour included a town car to drive us to 3 wineries ( actually one champagne,one wine and one vodka) with a picnic lunch- we just loved every minute and hope to stay again in the near future. Oh and the bar and restaurant are classy!!

Room Tip: Not sure just question the helpful staff
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Katonah, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

A friend is managing this property and I know they only provide best practices to create a great hospitality service environment. It's certainly evident from the photos both professional and client submitted that the location is wonderful.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Jersey City, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We stayed here on our honeymoon and were disappointed. The room is small and the layout is awkward. It is nicely decorated but that doesn't make up for not even having space for a small coffee table or that the bathroom has a frosted window onto the bedroom (why??) and an awkward location right near the bed. We found the hotel staff to be very unfriendly too (e.g. at check in she didn't even answer our question about where the elevator was and we had to ask the security guard). I will say that the room was very clean and the cleaning staff was very professional and helpful. We wouldn't stay here again though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo East End, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear addie1979,

We thank you for writing about your experience at our hotel. I am pleased you found our housekeeping staff professional and helpful. We strive everyday to create special experiences to our guests and I am truly sorry we did not manage this for your stay. Please allow me to apologize for the inconvenience and negative impression you may have had due to the room accommodations and conduct of our front desk staff. I have taken note of your comments and we will address these points to improve upon our service.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Philadelphia, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this location of the Hotel Indigo on October 13, while visiting several of the wineries in this area of Long Island. As with most Hotel Indigos, the room was great; modern, clean, well-kept. However, we found the service to be extremely lacking.

I won't say much about the room, other than the images and hotel website are accurate. Modern, open showers with a glass partition in the bathroom, Keurig one-cup coffee makers in the room, high-end alarm clocks, free WiFi, cordless telephones, etc. If you like modern, clean rooms, you won't be disappointed.

Yet, even though we stayed just one night, we were disappointed by the staff three time; all of which were straightforward, simple expectations.

First, my wife realized that the hair dryer in the room didn't work when she got out of the shower in the morning. She called the front desk and asked if someone could bring another hair dryer. Even though she was told yes, she gave up waiting after 30 minutes without getting one. (Usually, making your female guests leave the hotel in October with wet hair is not a how to satisfy guests.) By the time we checked out 70 minutes later, we still had not received a new hair dryer, nor had the front desk called us back.

Secondly, the hotel advertises free coffee in the lobby mornings from 7 to 11 AM. Yet when we checked out, the coffee carafe was empty. The front desk called the kitchen and asked for more coffee, but ten minutes later, the carafe was still empty and no one had come out to fill it, or even take it back to the kitchen.

Lastly, we ate dinner in the hotel restaurant the night we arrived (Bistro 72). When we checked in, the front desk offered to make us reservations; jotted our names and time down, and said they’d let the restaurant know. When we showed up to the restaurant at 8:00 PM (the time we requested), we were told by the manager that “the front desk just let us know that you had a reservation 15 minutes ago. I’m not sure if we have something.”

My wife and I turned around and saw an empty restaurant, with the exception of two tables.

They did give us a table, but not without a lot of drama and anxiety from the restaurant manager. Oddly enough, the hostess apologized once the manager left the room. We never did see the restaurant fill to capacity, and we were there until 9 PM.

Small inconveniences, I know, but given that Hotel Indigo positions itself as an upscale hotel, things like having coffee available in the lobby (as advertised) and being able to honor a restaurant reservation without making a guest feel guilty are reasonable expectations. Did these minor problems ruin our stay? No, but then again, when you're paying over $350 a night for a hotel room, these kind details should be handled correctly and professionally, not ignored by a staff that doesn't seem to care.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Glurch2891
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Recently I had an early morning business meeting on the south fork of Long Island, normally driving distance for me, but because of the early start time I stayed overnight at the Indigo.
Being that it was a slow time of the year (Mid October), there were only a few cars in the parking lot. Check in was smooth despite some electronic problems at the front desk, and the staff was very nice.
I had dinner at the bar while watching a baseball game, to my surprise the food was excellent, much better than i expected. The restaurant/bar was pretty empty with maybe 15 other patrons, so it was a quiet evening. Unfortunately the bar closed at midnight despite the fact that the game was not over so I just finished watching the game in my room. Although I think that keeping the bar open for another hour or less would have been a good business decision, since I and two colleagues were still there and probably more than covered the cost by our purchases.
The room was great, not large but big enough, with a very roomy bathroom. The bed was comfortable and I really appreciated the Keurig coffee machine in the morning.
The room was a long walk from reception so if you have mobility issues or are carrying a large amount of equipment make sure you ask for a close room.
Overall, the property was perfect for what i needed.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at an Indigo, and it was a nice change of pace. While the room seemed a bit cramped, the decor really made it feel homey. There were some nice little touches....Keurig coffee machine in each room, Aveda bath products, a spa shower, and a free bar (or to-go) drink for Priority Club members. After a night of long rain, I woke to a slight musty smell in the room. I wish there we door delivery of the paper, and I wish there was Express Check Out. The hotel is conveniently located, and I felt the value was solid, overall.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Maspeth, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a nice relaxing weekend trip for our anniversary. Hotel Indigo was a great place to do this! Not only are the outlets literally next door, but Michelle at the front desk provided us with a great day trip to the vineyards. Nothing was more relaxing then laying by the pool for us. Michelle recommended that we come back in February for Jazzfest, which we will be taking her up on!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Indigo East End? Share your experiences!