“Quick business overnight” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Riverhead
Glurch2891
“Quick business overnight”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Recently I had an early morning business meeting on the south fork of Long Island, normally driving distance for me, but because of the early start time I stayed overnight at the Indigo.
Being that it was a slow time of the year (Mid October), there were only a few cars in the parking lot. Check in was smooth despite some electronic problems at the front desk, and the staff was very nice.
I had dinner at the bar while watching a baseball game, to my surprise the food was excellent, much better than i expected. The restaurant/bar was pretty empty with maybe 15 other patrons, so it was a quiet evening. Unfortunately the bar closed at midnight despite the fact that the game was not over so I just finished watching the game in my room. Although I think that keeping the bar open for another hour or less would have been a good business decision, since I and two colleagues were still there and probably more than covered the cost by our purchases.
The room was great, not large but big enough, with a very roomy bathroom. The bed was comfortable and I really appreciated the Keurig coffee machine in the morning.
The room was a long walk from reception so if you have mobility issues or are carrying a large amount of equipment make sure you ask for a close room.
Overall, the property was perfect for what i needed.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Manchester, New Hampshire
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

This was my first stay at an Indigo, and it was a nice change of pace. While the room seemed a bit cramped, the decor really made it feel homey. There were some nice little touches....Keurig coffee machine in each room, Aveda bath products, a spa shower, and a free bar (or to-go) drink for Priority Club members. After a night of long rain, I woke to a slight musty smell in the room. I wish there we door delivery of the paper, and I wish there was Express Check Out. The hotel is conveniently located, and I felt the value was solid, overall.

Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Maspeth, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

My husband and I were looking for a nice relaxing weekend trip for our anniversary. Hotel Indigo was a great place to do this! Not only are the outlets literally next door, but Michelle at the front desk provided us with a great day trip to the vineyards. Nothing was more relaxing then laying by the pool for us. Michelle recommended that we come back in February for Jazzfest, which we will be taking her up on!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We arrived about 9 pm after being out in Greenport all day. We were warmly welcomed by the staff. The rooms were very clean and modernly decorated. The bathroom was our favorite, between the walk-in shower and the toilet flushing system! We asked if the fireplace was still on outside (looked nice in the hotel pictures). They said if we went out and it was off, go to the bar and they would turn it on for us!!! The staff could not have been nicer or more helpful. We will return.
Do not expect the same size room or dining like you would get in a 5 star Manhattan hotel. The food was good, and they have a piano player. They are going to start soon including Jazz bands in the dining room! This sounds lovely! They should sell their pillows..They are THAT GOOD!

Room Tip: If you are bringing kids and staying for more than one night, you may want a suite. Rooms are not bi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We have stayed at Hotel Indigo in other cities, and it is normally our "go-to" hotel. However, this one was far below the caliber of the other ones at which we've stayed. First, our room had not been thoroughly cleaned: there was a large stain on our sheets and even a pill covered in mold sitting on the counter in the bathroom. We didn't get to sleep until 3:00 AM the first night because the people in the room next to had an extremely loud, screaming match for hours. However, it wasn't just their volume; the walls were paper thin. We heard their "normal" pitched conversations the next morning. We could even hear every time they ran any water or flushed the toilet. Despite telling the front desk all of this, they never offered to move us or comp anything. They never even apologized. For $240 a night, I expected cleaner and quieter.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
mmulrenan, Front Office Manager at Hotel Indigo East End, responded to this review, September 30, 2012
Lauren,

I tried to reach out to you under separate cover regarding the issues you experienced at our hotel but have not received a response. I am truly sorry that you found your room not to be up to your expectations as well as having to deal with the noisy guests around your room.

We pride ourselves on the cleanliness of our hotel as you can see from other reviews of our property; what you experienced is not acceptable and has been addressed.

As you know we cannot control the actions of other guests but this still does not make it right. I would still like to speak with you and try to make this negative situation a positive one in the end. I can be reached at the hotel or via e-mail.

-Michele Mulrenan, Manager of Hotel Operations
Great Neck, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Surprise, this hotel has a really good dining room. Just down the street from the Tanger Outlet Mall is Hotel Indigo which makes it a convenient rest stop from Olympic Shopping. It's also a good jumping off point for Wine Country.

Small & cozy with a more than decent Bar,an imaginative menu & pretty attentive wait staff.
Worth the $$ & so much better than any other place to dine in Riverhead.

Room Tip: This review is only6 about their dining room.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2012

I had asked my travel agent for something different for a quick fall weekend getaway. She recommended Hotel Indigo East End in Riverhead, Long Island. The hotel provided us with a car service to their wine tour, champagne and vodka tastings. Each tasting was highly informative , as well as delicious! Not only did Hotel Indigo have attentive and accommodating staff, their brunch was spectacular! Hotel Indigo East End is centrally located to nightlife, vineyards, and lastly walking distance to the shopping outlets! Hotel Indigo gets five stars from me for overall excellence!

Room Tip: Rent a room next to the pool!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Indigo East End? Share your experiences!