“As good as it gets” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Riverhead
NY
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

I have been staying at the Hilton Garden Inn in Riverhead at least one night a week, nearly every week, for over two years to date. All the staff are professional and extremely pleasant, especially Christine & Joe. The room is always clean and inviting. The sleep bed system is very comfortable. The restaurant is good... I highly recommend the Seafood Fra Diavolo or the New York Strip steak with shrimp! As long as my business takes me to Eastern Long Island, I wouldn't think of going anywhere else.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
HGIRiverhead, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, March 30, 2013
Dwight,

Thank you for your stellar review! It has been our pleasure having you as our guest and getting to know you over the past year. We appreciate your loyalty more than you know. If there is ever anything I can do to assist you or make your stay more enjoyable, please feel free to contact me. I will also pass on your kind words of both Christine and Joe. It's always nice to hear that our staff's constant effort to provide excellent service is welcomed and appreciated. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
New York City, New York, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

we were to stay here one night, checked out and came back the same evening!
the hotel was fantastic. very nice staff. specially the bartender joseph. dinner was excellent and very reasonable.breakfast was great.the room was very clean and great amenities.we used the pool and jacuzzi. after we checked out we went sightseeing to montauk and on the way back we decided to stay another night. that stay was great as well. shopping across the street in tanger. we will come back soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIRiverhead, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, March 13, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us and were able to see the beautiful sights of the local area. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to Riverhead!
Long Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This hotel is convenient to Tanger Outlets and other shopping centers. It is less than 30 minutes to the wineries and Greenport. During the summer there many farm stands. The hotel has an indoor pool and jacuzzi, fitness center free internet connection and a business center. They area cooked to order breakfast that is very good value.

Room Tip: They have rooms with hot tubs in the bedroom area that can easily fit two. The bathroom has a walk...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! We are so lucky to be situated in such a great area with so many sights to see. I am very happy to hear that your stay was enjoyable and that you were able to describe the local area for our future guests reading our reviews. Thank you and we look forward to having you as our guest in the near future!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn is a nice hotel near the wineries and farms for all the family to enjoy. They have an indoor pool and jacuzzi. Some of the rooms also have indoor whirlpools which are great for couples or little ones. Their service is sometimes great and sometimes could be better. They don't always go the extra mile and that is what upsets me the most. Sometimes they don't stock up enough towels in the pool and sometimes they don't give you a fresh breakfast if you dine there. For the location it is in, it will satisfy most of your needs.

Room Tip: Try the rooms with a whirlpool in it.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
HGIRiverhead, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Franco,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback via TripAdvisor. We are glad to hear we met your needs for accommodations in the area and we apologize that you found our service to be inconsistent. We strive to make every guests' stay pleasant and we will use your feedback and part of our ongoing service training to achieve this goal. We hope you will stay with us again the next time you visit the area so we can show you the quality service and stay you expect and deserve from us.

Megan Gilmore
Elmont New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

I remember staying at this hotel many years ago. I didn't relize it was changed to the Hilton. I booked the room for my granddaughter and myself. I was happy with the speed at check-in. I went to the room and was so happy the room was big bright and so cozy. My granddaughter wanted to go to the pool so we changed and went. I was again surprised. The pool was clean no towels on the floor or on the chairs. I love the fact that the pool was heated. I went in for a while and my granddaughter thought that was the greatest thing that I was swimming with her. At night we went to the ittle dining area for dinner. We both enjoyed our food and was so full we took our desert back to the room. After a nice hot shower my Kaitlyn conked out and in about an hour so did I. I had a great nights sleep. The bed was so comfortable I didn't want to get up in the morning. All in all we both had a wonderful stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. In fact we liked it so much I booked a room for the Easter vacation in March. I can't wait to go back. Very nice place.

Room Tip: I had a room that faced the Tangers Mall. It was nice and quiet. I like the fact that during the day...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

This was mine & my husband's second time coming to this property.
Clean rooms, modern rooms & television.
Has a pool & hot tub onsite, as well as work out room.

The only issue I had with this place is the service we received at breakfast.
We were wishing that we had gotten another waitress - but our waitress seemed like she was having difficulty keeping up with her tables, and not remembering things. We had already gotten our breakfasts, and she sat 2 other couples, before she finally remembered to get us coffee.

Other than that one hiccup, the hotel is great. It's right across the Tanger outlets, and whenever we are in Riverhead, we like to eat at this restaurant Buoy One. Must check it out if you're in the area!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
HGIRiverhead, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead, responded to this review, February 24, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel! We truly appreciate feedback such as yours as it really helps us to be able to identify areas where we can improve our services. We aim to provide a comfortable and clean atmosphere and unbeatable service for each and every one of our guests and we will use your comments as a training tool for the future. Thank you for taking the time to write us a review and we look forward to having you as our guest again very soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We (my wife and I) went for the Winterfest Warm Up Package - $300 for two nights with full breakfast ($13 value per person) and free shuttle and admission to one of the vineyards for the Winterfest Jazz festival ($20 value per person).

Location: Conveniently located at the end of the Long Island Expressway. Across the street from the Tangers Outlet. Minutes from the center of town, Riverhead. Nice central location for the Northfork vineyards and easily accessible for a side trip to the Hamptons.

Staff: Friendly and professional. Welcoming and knowledgeable. The front desk was always manned by at least one but usually two people. Gerard the shuttle driver was fantastic.

Hotel: Clean and comfortable. Indoor, outdoor pool and hot tub. Fitness center and business center. One or two conference rooms.

Room: Fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron, blow dryer. Two queen beds, one night stand with lamp, one work table with lamp and ethernet cable, two phones, one swivel chair and one living room chair. The beds were firm - I like firm but it was too firm for me, not comfortable for people who like their beds on the softer side. The bathroom was clean and spacious.

Breakfast Service: at the lobby restaurant. Comes with both food (eggs/pancakes/bacon etc) to order and a continental buffet. Food was very good. Servers can be more welcoming and friendly and faster/quicker in serving.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your positive review! Our staff in every department goes above and beyond to provide the best possible experience for each of our guests and I'm so glad your experience was enjoyable. We are looking to expand our package offers so please check back with us shortly as we are looking forward to providing more options as far as our packages go. I'm very glad we were able to offer you a great deal and that you enjoyed your stay with us as well as explore the local area. We look forward to seeing you again when your travels bring you back to the north fork of Long Island.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Riverhead
Hyatt Place Long Island East End
Shelter Island House
Shelter Island House
#1 of 5 in Shelter Island
4.5 of 5 stars 204 reviews

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Riverhead? Share your experiences!