“Clean and comfortable in a nice quite town...” 4 of 5 stars

You added The Village Motel to your Saves list
The Village Motel
168 East Main Street (Route 20), Richfield Springs, NY 13439   |
Columbus, Ohio
“Clean and comfortable in a nice quite town...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

We had a pleasant stay at the illage Hotel. It is a clean comfortable place to stay with a pretty drive into Cooperstown. I chose The Village Motel mainly because it was the closest available hotel to Cooperstown for induction weekend. It was particularly nice to have a tavern, Stewarts gas station and a few restaurants in walking distance.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

There are a surprising amount of motels in this tiny little town and I was faced with the decision of which one to stay at for two nights. I chose The Village Motel mainly because it was closer to town, having a Stewarts gas station and a few restaurants in walking distance. I was pleasantly surprised by the room because of a flat screen tv that was mounted just so I could relax in bed and watch some tv, as I expected a run of the mill TV just like most motels. The room was clean but the bathroom was to be especially commended. I've run into issues with hair and leftover pieces of tissue paper being left in bathrooms at other places I've stayed at but the maid here is to be given a gold medal with this one. The bathroom is usually the scariest to think about when staying in a room since being hygienic is the most important, and I was impressed here. All in all, I'm glad I chose this motel to stay at and would highly recommend anyone else to come visit this relaxing motel and enjoy it for themselves.

Room Tip: Room #9 was the one I was in, had a quiet AC and the wall mounted TV.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Cortland, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2008

The owners went above and beyond the usual level of service. My traveling companion and I forgot some of our belongings and they contacted us to let us know. The room was clean and had a fridge and microwave. When I go back to Cooperstown I'll be sure to stay there again.

• Liked — The service of the owners
  • Disliked — The bed was a little hard.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2008

My whole family came from London and decided to visit
Coopers Town. We stayed at Richfield springs village motel after recommendation from friends and family who had already stayed and had an excellent time there. We found the motel to be of excellent standard throughout, with spacious rooms and were kept clean. The owners could not do enough for us as there hospitality and friendly manner made our stay very enjoyable. If i was to recommend from the many motels and hotels throughout our stay in America this is one of which ticks all the boxes. Excellent!!

• Liked — The service provided
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
none,none
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

When I read the above review, I was skeptical whether I would enjoy my stay at The Village Motel. But when I reached there, it was great! The rooms were nice and clean, and I found the owner to be a very nice man. I am thankful to myself for staying at this motel after reading the other review about it, and I hope this review will encourage others to stay at this great motel.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the room.
  • Disliked — Internet was not automatically given.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2008

Dirty, smelly, gross place.
Rude, incompetent, mean owner.
60-day cancellation policy!!! Doesn't even seem legal!
Rates changed drastically - I never got a straight answer.

DON'T stay here!

• Stayed June 2008
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to The Village Motel? Share your experiences!