“Make sure you're hungry!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #24 of 52 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
flushing, ny
“Make sure you're hungry!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We had the lunch versions of our meals - they came with a BOWL of soup along with the entree - which was surprisingly large - all for under $8. Very close to the Hyde Park mansions - so not at all out of the way & worth the stop.

Visited April 2013

New York City, New York
“perfect small town coffee shop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Pete's staff is friendly. reliable coffee shop food, good location on the main street in the center of town. Have been patronizing for years...and will continue to do so...

Visited February 2013
Hyde Park, New York
“Ho hum”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

The food is pedestrian but certainly okay. I found a dish poorly prepared and pointed it out to the owner and the response was annoyance. I don'[t want to go to a place where the owner behaves like that.

Poughkeepsie, NY
“Great place.....part of a chain in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

FIrst of all I have been to all 3 Pete's ( Hyde Park, Poughkeepsie, and here in Rhinebeck, NY ).
I really like all 3 ( their setup, location, etc. ). It was empty on a sunday afternoon. We got the round booth for four by the window ( Rhinebeck is a nice " New England " town to look at ). This is not your " high class" restaurant, but some GREAT chow ( I am not a " high class " eater either ). The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5, is that my veal parm sub was kind of skimpy on the veal. Great place, and close to the Dutchess County fairgrounds.

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Selden, New York, United States
“Wish you weren't 3 hours from my house!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Love Petes people and fabulous food. We to Calico restaurant first around the corner.. Noticed the menu had clams with lobster sauce. My mouth started watering. Had to eat there. Before we went in had to take 5 minutes out to buy bandaides for my friends finger. Went into Calicos and were told lunch was over at 2:00. I replied , "it's 2:02"! Sorry, ended at 2:00. Well we ended up at Petes and so thrilled we did. I ordered shrimp and scallops scampi. OUTSTANDING and DELICIOUS!!! I told the nice waitress that I needed another order to go. She replied that it was going to be stinky on the bus ride back. I didn't care. I even walked to the kitchen to let the chefs know they were appreciated. When we paid the bill and left we went into quite a few stores. Here comes the waitress with a package we left. How wonderful was that? She looked until she found us. THANK YOU..

• Visited September 2012