“Avoid unless you like being ignored, waiting too long, and paying too much for mediocre food?” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Gigi Trattoria

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Winthrop, Massachusetts, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

This is a nice looking place right in the heart of this great little town. Their biggest problem is the service, although the food was not worth the price or the wait either- at best average.

We were told the wait for our seat would be less than ten minutes. Great news, since we didn't have a lot of time. We got seats right away at the not too crowded bar and while the bartender said hello, it still took about 15 minutes for him to take our order since he seemed to have other things on his mind than making drinks.

After another 10 minutes or so we watched the hostess give the table we finally thought we would get to another customer who just walked in. "I forgot, but there's another table I will get ready for you".

The waitress was just as bad, and by the time she came around to tell us she would be with us in a minute we had invested well over 40 minutes at this place.

Our food, an order of steamed mussels and a flat bread pizza, took forever to arrive. Neither was anything special, in fact the eggplant special pizza was an odd mixture of flavors that didn't seem to belong together.

There are at least half a dozen restaurants so close by that I could have hit them with my empty bread plate. Try any one of them and I'm sure you'll be better off.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Savannah, Georgia
“Fresh Pasta!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

What a great find! The food was wonderful! My husband and I shared the spinach lasagna and I am glad we did. The portions are large. We also had a delicious salad...crunchy and topped with fresh-shaved parmesan cheese. The bread was hot and very good. Busy spot on the main street in the lovely town of Rhinebeck. Our waiter was very attentive. Overall, wonderful experience.

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Reliable standard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

Still a reliable place for fresh locally sourced food. The skizzas are always a good option (this visit included one with chicken sausage and green beans). The scallop risotto one evening was just tremendous (in a portion that I couldn't finish - even though I really wanted to!). Easiest to get a table if you go on the early or slightly late side - reservations only for parties of 6 or more, and the wait can be long at peak times.

Visited September 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Relaxing and good food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

On previous visits we had sat outside, but this year it was a very cold evening so we had to settle for indoors. Food was just as great, but just prefer the outdoor seating. (We returned 2 nights later and sat outside when it was warmer.)

Visited September 2013
Plainsboro, New Jersey
“Excellent food, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We started with the most divine mussels. Fragrant and delicious. I had a grilled chicken on focaccia bread with gruyere, and my friend got one of their flat bread pizzas (they call them skizzas). both were wonderful. A real foodie destination. And our waiter was really helpful and sweet.

• Visited August 2013