“Excellent food....customer service not.” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dutchess County, NY
“Excellent food....customer service not.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012 via mobile

I had been wanting to dine here for sometime. The food was excellent. Drinks and atmosphere were also great. Only 2 issues- they charge for refills of soda. 3 in our party had several cocktails and glasses of wine and our dd was drinking soda. They would not give him free refills. Also, I needed to use the restroom and one was out of service. I was 3rd in line and had to wait at least 15 mins. The woman in front of me stated she would let the owner know. She did and the owner stated that she dosesn't fix bathrooms (this was in front of the 7 people waiting in line.) Unfortunately,my food did arrive in my absences. Hopefully, that is not common.

• 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent thin crust pizza”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

This restaurant specializes in (very!) thin crust pizza, called skizza. This is basically the kind of pizza I had when I visited Italy -- it's delicious. I had the special, with shrimp, which was scrumptious. The service was prompt and speedy. (We were there quite early) The drawbacks which keep me from giving it 5 stars are lack of parking space, and the high noise level. We did arrive early, but the noise level grew steadily as people arrived, and by the time we left it was raucous.

Visited November 2012
New York City, New York
“Something for everyone”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

Gigi's menu is smart. My kids are thrilled to gobble down their classic margherita skizzas, pair them with a caesar or simple arugula salad, and wash it all down with a limonata. Meanwhile, the adults can choose from a nice selection of wines and cocktails and a variety of more inspired and interesting takes on the classic Italian dishes. The food, when it can be, is local. The service is reliably fast and pleasant.

Visited November 2012
Newburgh, New York
“Seems to live up to the hype.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Living in the Hudson Valley, I've been hearing great things about Gigi for many years. Finally had occasion to dine here and I can see why. Looks like a storefront from the outside, but its a spacious and modern looking room which was very comfortable. Service was pleasant and prompt, but we were there for very early dinner so don't know how they do during a rush. The menu was interesting, including many Italian staples along with some very creative specials. The food tased good but probably could have been seasoned a bit more. Overall I think it lives up to its reputation and I will definitely return to sample more of the menu.

“There's a reason we have eaten here 20 times in the past year!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

We're a foodie family of 4 and Gigis is a staple choice of ours (with our boys 9 and 7) or with big groups of friends for Sunday brunch. It's consistently great food with fresh ingredients and flawless combinations of flavor. Favorites include any of the pastas, the soft shell crab (when in season), the divine steak with a wonderful rosemary aioli, or the salmon. Our boys love the mussel appetizer and the signature "skizza". (The skizza are perfect at brunch: light on the carbs but with wonderful flavors: the 'Bianca" with goats cheese, fig paste, arugula and truffle oil our favorite. I see a few trip adviser reviews questionning the service and can say we have never experienced anything other than warm , professional and consistently accomodating service (eg. quick service for the kids if needed, or willingness to allow bookings for larger groups). Many of the staff go out of their way to personally greet guests and there's almost no turnover of staff which is always a great indicator. Love this place!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere