“Beautiful, charming little getaway !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast
You added WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
52 Pells Road, Rhinebeck, NY 12572   |
Ranked #2 of 16 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Beautiful, charming little getaway !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

What a wonderful place to stay!

We were welcomed with cakes, muffins, fruit, and other warming treats. The rooms were comfy and the breakfast in the morning delicious! A lovely escape close to Rhinebeck (about five minute drive) where you can walk around and shop/eat. I'd recommend this place over any other in the area.

Stayed January 2014
SPINNER123, Owner at WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you so very much for writing a great review of the farm and my bed and breakfast. Again I think it is my guests that make the experience so wonderful for me and Jake, and the other animal that call WhistleWood their home. We love to have animal lovers here at the farm. We are expecting a few new calves this spring come see them. I enjoy serving and making food for people who like to eat and enjoy wholesome breakfasts and desserts. Thank you so very much again for your wonderful review hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My husband and I spent two wonderful nights at the farm, including Christmas. This was our second time back, and while we enjoyed our first visit, this time was even better than we remembered. Not only is the setting idyllic, but the other guests were soon fast friends and Maggie's breakfasts scrumptious. We had the Wyoming Room during our first stay. It has a fireplace but we were charmed by Sweet Violet, especially the first evening when the bathroom window framed a grazing deer, twice. For animal lovers, which we are, Whistlewood is such a treat: the horses, donkeys, cats and of course 'Jake' make Whistlewood more than a B&B, they make it a warm, enchanting place anytime of the year. For someone like me, who has had horses in the past, another huge plus is the pristeen conditions in which the horses are kept. Nothing has been left to chance, everything is well thought out, all to help ensure the safety and happiness of the horses lucky enough to call Whistlewood home. We look forward to our next visit!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

Whistlewood Farm is an excellent stay. The locale is superb, just outside of town, with an easy drive in. The rooms are large, inviting, comfortable, clean and cozy. Our hostess, Maggie, was tireless and lovely in her care for us, as well as a wonderful baker, with her rich offering of freshly baked goodies to choose from. Breakfast was excellent. An added plus is the beautiful landscape and accessibility to many docile and beautiful farm animals, well accustomed to visitors. This is a great place to lay your head and take in some Hudson Valley fresh air as well as meet other travelers from around the globe. I wished I stayed longer!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
THANK YOU! Thank you, thank you... It has been a pleasure reading these great reviews, I'm so very happy that you have had a good experience here at my farm. Reviews like yours make it all worthwhile for me. Our farm animals are friendly and look forward to interacting with guests. Thank you for visiting with them. Hope if you come and visit again when the woodland trails will be more easy to walk than they are now with the heavy snows. Come back soon and have a wonderful rest of the winter:)
Massapequa, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Just returned from a one night stay at the WhistleWood (boo hoo) and couldn't have been happier with everything about it. My husband is from London and although there is beautiful countryside there this was a tranquil and relaxing experience like no other. The entrance alone is lovely and warm and inviting with a crackling fireplace ready for her guests. In fact, Maggie the innkeeper had called when we were on route to let us know that our rooms were all ready (with little name tags on the door of your bedroom suite!) and that the fire would be ready for us and also the dessert table is available with homemade cakes and cookies, pies, fruit, tea, coffee and hot chocolate and don't forget the homemade apple cider we can help ourselves too. Amazing! I cant praise Maggie enough for her knowledge and enthusiasm for the local area including restaurants and things to do. Sleeping there was a slice of heaven in our very large and cozy Juniper room with its king size bed and twin bed for my 16 year old. We even watched a film in our room from the selection in the communal living room area. Breakfast was superb with homemade everything; eggs, waffles, all kinds of breads, homemade jam (the cherry is to live for!) homemade pear muffins, sausage and the list goes on and on. She really does encourage you to have as much as you like as some B & B's you feel like there is a limit. I give our stay 5 stars!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Wow, wow, wow... How can I say anything to your review except THANK YOU! I can only apologize for not writing a proper response earlier. I don't know what to say (blushing) I thank you so very much for coming and staying with us and I do hope that you come again and again, thank you, thank you, thank you. Love having guest reviews like yours, and so many others who get the full feeling of the farm that I try to make as comfortable as I can for my guests:) :):)
Palisades Park, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

There are 2 main reasons why we prefer to stay at B&B's over hotels/resorts: Ambiance and Service. Whistlewood excelled at both! Right from the beginning we were overwhelmed by the beauty, charm and elegance of this B&B. The ranch house has the stately charm of a mountain lodge of a grander time. We spent a couple evenings just relaxing by the fire and chatting with her and the other guests. Maggie is an gracious host and went out of her way to make sure we had every comfort. I also appreciate the extra attention she gave me (I recently broke my leg and have limited mobility). The breakfasts were very good and always had variety - there are also snacks/fruit available throughout the day. The four of us enjoyed our time so much, we decided to extend our stay by an extra day. Our only regret is that we could not stay longer but we look forward to our next visit soon!

Room Tip: Juniper room was very comfortable. Next time we'd like to stay in the Carriage House as that als...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
It was wonderful to have you and your family here for the Christmas holidays. Thank you for your wonderful review. I never know how to respond when people feel so much like family to me. Hope you are all well and have a great healthy and Happy New Year!
Weston, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2013

Friendly and inviting, a totally hospitable place to stay. Accomodations were lovely. The innkeeper Maggie is friendly, knowledgeable and couldn't have been more helpful! We thoroughly enjoyed her company and that of other visitors. It was so nice to relax in front of the fire with a cocktail and chat away. Breakfast was delicious! Amazing omelettes with the freshest eggs from Maggie's chickens. Would definitely return for another visit in the summer when we can enjoy the grounds. Leslie & Harvey

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
I am so happy that you enjoyed you stay at WhistleWood Farm. It is so nice to have people come and make themselves at home and become a part my bed-and-breakfast and farm, thank you very very much and come back soon we are expecting some new calves in the spring. Spring seems like a long time off considering this winters storms. Looking forward to seeing you again and having more good times.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

From start to finish we thoroughly enjoyed our weekend away with our close friends Staying at Whistlewood was such a delightful experience. Maggie, the innkeeper, has thought of everything .She is warm,friendly and helpful to all of her guests. The accommodations are charming( we stayed in the Wyoming room).Our meals were delicious with a wide variety to choose from each morning.Don't miss out on those fresh eggs! After checking out the town during the day, it was so nice to head back to the inn to relax before dinner. Maggie again was there to greet us and make suggestions on our dinner arrangements. We were also fortunate to have met several lovely families during our stay. A thoroughly memorable weekend.- sure to return. Ellen & Michael K

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so very much for your lovely review, it is a pleasure to have guests that are happy to be here and also enjoy the area. The village of Rhinebeck has so much to offer, in dining as well as unique shops with great Christmas gift ideas of wonderful quality and value. Your personalities made the weekend more fun for everyone of my guests. Thank you again! Come back soon, every season has a special something for you to enjoy.

Been to WhistleWood Farm Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!