“outstanding” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rhinebeck
Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn
You added Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn to your Saves list
6387 Mill St, Rhinebeck, NY 12572   |
Ranked #10 of 16 Rhinebeck B&B and Inns
Staten Island, New York
“outstanding”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

We had room 91 in the courtyard. The room was beautiful. It had a king size bed which was very comfortable. A sitting area with couch and table and flat screen tv. We also had a fire place. The bathroom was large for some reason we got a handicapped room. There was a seat in the bathroom. All in all we loved it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
NEW YORK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My Mother and I stayed at the Delamater Inn Stone House room 97 September 28th and 29th 2012. The Stone House is a very old building but was refurbished in about 2005. The room was spotless clean, quaintly decorated, and spacious. There were two twin beds in the room and a refrigerator, coffee maker, and iron. All building are right in town and everything is in walking distance. The hallways of the stone House were also extremely clean, and the whole building was secure. It was a little pricey but I think all of the inns upstate especially during the fall and craft season are. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

First, you must understand that this inn was built in 1766...that is not a typo!! So you will not get electrical outlets every few feet nor a mounted 42" flat screen. This is a charming inn with tremendous history. The room size is more than adequate, has a window a/c, a small bathroom that is more than adequate. The staff is more than willing to help and the attached restaurant serves excellent fare. Great location. We will return.

NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

Went to the Beekman Arms and stayed for one night in Aug. Had been here many years ago, and longed to go back. It's a historic Inn and has the accompanying Delamater House properties nearby. The Beekman Arms itself is the historic site, dating to 1776, with Colonial settings, wooden floors and big fireplaces. I think it has outlived it's attractiveness, does not have the quaint feel to it anymore. Stairs are old and creaky and you can hear everyone going in and out of their rooms. Nearby to Woodstock, NY and Rhinebeck itself is a cute town with several good restaurants. You must be careful when you book the room as the Inn itself does not have many rooms and they tend to put you in one of the nearby Delamater rooms/bldgs without specifically advising you of same until you arrive to check in. The staff is all young and not experienced. Ate one nite at the Inn's 'Tavern' - friendly service - had the Angus slider which was very good. Don't think I would stay again though.

Room Tip: Rooms #30 and #31 in the Beekman Arms itself are the best/most room for the money - Cannot speak to...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

Two words: Fawlty Towers; not much in the way of options in this area. All facade, mediocre rooms, property poorly maintained, service poor to absent. Old beat up place, with not enough charm or service to compensate

East Setauket, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012

So, despite the negative reviews, and having no other viable choice in the area, I decided to book a reservation at the Beekman/Delatimer Inn. My plans changed 2 days after making the reservation - a full two-weeks in advance of my stay - and yet I was informed that they are keeping $15 fee anyway.
This is unheard of, and extremely bad business -- feels very opportunistic. No, $15 is not alot of money, but, it's the principle of the issue.
Thinking some kind of reason might mitigate my concern, I asked the Reception Desk the reason for and even what might be done with this money; she indicated she "had no idea, but that's the policy". Frankly, I may have felt better if she put a little effort into making something up like...."web transactions cost us money, we have manual processing of all reservations and that defrays the cost of personnel...etc".....but for my $15, nada! So, nada to you Beekman...I'll sleep in a tent first!

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

My initial impression of the Beekman Arms was good. The location is great, the building is nice looking and the lobby was nice. The woman that checked us in was also great. However, our room was extremely tiny and had the absolute worst bed I have ever encountered. When we asked to be moved we were told there were no rooms but that they could give us a $20 credit. On a $260 room this seemed absurd since we were basically just there for a good night's sleep and wouldn't be getting it. The next morning the manager offered us a $50 credit, but then rescinded it once she found out that a portion of our room was being paid for by a friend who had organized the weekend for us, I'm still not sure why. I wrote an email to the manager explaining my displeasure with the situation and never got a response. I was appalled by the whole experience.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Beekman Arms and Delamater Inn? Share your experiences!