“Very Fresh Fish” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Families with children, Doing business
Rhinebeck, New York
“Very Fresh Fish”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

I always enjoy my sushi at Osaka because it is of excellent quality, the servers are polite, and the atmosphere is pleasant.

Visited March 2011

80% Recommend
Rhinebeck, New York
“Stellar Japanese”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

I've been to Osaka many, many times and it never ,ever disappoints. It's our family's favorite for any special occasion as the service is perfect and the fish always very fresh. With a full roster of favorite standards and innovative specials, Osaka has something for everyone, delivered with quality and exemplary service. And no, I'm no relation to the owners, but they are great people, friendly and kind, serving quality sushi and other Japanese dishes as good as I've had anywhere in or out of NYC.

• Visited November 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New York City, New York
“Hidden gem in Rhinebeck”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2011

Been going to the hudson valley for years and Osaka has been always consitently good with great service and amazing dishes. Sushi is always fresh and the specials are always unique. Several sushi and Japanese restaurants have come and gone but Osaka has passed the test of time by being in business for almost 20yrs!!!! Can't wait to go back!!!

• Visited May 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
NY
“Superb Food, Service and Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2009

I really love Osaka. The food is always fresh and tasty, and the prices are pretty reasonable for the quality that you get. The service is very attentive and the owner does a great job of answering any questions that you might have.

Our favorites were the yellowtail collar, the torro and the specialty rolls were outstanding. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed the food. Overall, we were all very glad that we ended up coming here!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Nerja, Spain
“Bums Rush for Big Bucks”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2008

We ate at the Osaka back in mid October 2008. As regular visitors to the area and sushi lovers, my wife and I often passed by and finally decided to give it a try. What a mistake! We visited on a weekday evening at around 8:15pm. Going through the door we made a note as to their hours which plainly stated that they were open until 10pm with last orders taken at 9:30. No problem, right? We were promptly seated and were initially a little disappointed by the cramped space. Lots of other diners, so it must be good. When the menu arrived we found that they didn´t have a few of our favorite items, but what the heck, order up and hope for the best. We ordered drinks, appetizers and 2 plates of mixed sushi. The sushi dinners came with soup and salad. Now you´re thinking - that´s a lot of food. We hadn´t eaten all day and were looking forward to a nice relaxing meal. We were served drinks and in the next 5 minutes ALL the food showed up on the table at the same time! Okay, so they zap the gyoza and have the soup and salads made ahead of time. I understand that, but when the plates of sushi came out at the same time it told me that it was pre-made and hanging around for us or the waitresses dinner. We dug in to the hot soup which was bog standard miso and had a nibble of lukewarm gyoza. By the time we got to our sushi, the place had emptied out and we were alone with the staff. This is now about 9pm. At that point we were made to feel most unwelcome as the waitress came up to us repeatedly asking us if we wanted anything else and proceeded to drop the check in the middle of the table! I had eaten exactly ONE piece of fish at that point. Adding insult to injury, someone began emptying the ice chest directly behind us pretty much cancelling any hope of conversation. I could go on, but I´m sure you get the idea... Needless to say, we won´t be visiting Osaka again and I hope you don´t waste your cash there either.