“Fried oysters are a must” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: French
Good for: Romance, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Midwest
“Fried oysters are a must”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I was in town visiting a friend and she said this place was a required stop for the oysters alone. I was definitely not disappointed, as they were heavenly. We only ordered appetizers since we were on a food voyage that had many stops throughout the night for each course - fried oysters and the bruschetta. Our very knowledgeable and charismatic waiter informed us that they were trying something new; one piece had some ingredients on top of it, and the other had mustard greens with something else. The first piece was ok, but the mustard greens piece was absolutely disgusting. So I'd get the oysters but avoid the bruschetta until they change it!

• Visited April 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Northampton, Massachusetts, United States
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

Loved this place - oysters were great! Service wonderful, highly recommend it for a nice meal. One of best meals I have had in ages.

Visited March 2013
Staatsburg, New York
“Don't miss the Oysters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

We have eaten in this great little resturant on several occasions including the last 3 New Year's Eve's. The food has been of high quality each time. If you happen to catch a night when antelope is on the menu and you like red meat you could not do better anywhere for this delicacy. The lightly fried oysters with a hint of spice are usually on the menu and a must try. I have never had better and have ordered them as an entree. The rack of lamb is always done perfectly and is my wife's favorite. Make a reservation since seating is limited and allow a little extra time since service is sometimes a little slow but the food is well worth the wait. For dessert the cheese cake is always fresh and creamy!

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Please reconsider if you plan to eat here on a Saturday night. We recently had an unfortunate experience - perhaps it was an off-night for the cook and the kitchen staff. The service staff was very friendly and everything went well for the first 30 minutes or so. But our entrees didn't arrive until 1.5 hrs after we arrived (8pm reservations). No apologies were offered, or an offer of throwing in free drinks, and when we received our bill, they included an appetizer we never received. By the time we received our food, we were stressed, unhappy with not much of an appetite. I can't say our dining experience here was very positive for this first and only time.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Millbrook, NY
“Delish!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

I recently had dinner there with a friend on a Thursday evening. Firstly, the place was packed. I mean packed. Nice atmosphere. A small place but lovely. We started with an oyster special appetizer which was the best I ever had. For the main courses, we had the rack of lamb which I was told I should not miss. Cooked and seasoned to perfection. We also had the duck breast with a fruit demi glaze. Paired with a wine it was remarkable! For dessert, carrot cake (room temperature might have made it a little softer) but was delicious regardless. Expensive for a weeknight dinner but would go back in a heartbeat. A nice place for a special occasion. Romantic setting but can get a little loud sometimes. My new favorite! I found this restaurant on the trip advisor website!!

• Visited March 2013