“very charming restaurant and delicious pastries” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Rhinebeck
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout, Dessert
Rhinebeck, New York
“very charming restaurant and delicious pastries”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Excellent and innovative food. Intimate milieu. Nice salads and very elegantly presented dishes. The pastries are to die for, especially the Sarah Bernhardts! Lunches are often a good deal.
Only negative...the place is quite small and there are not many tables so you are lucky if you can get one!

Visited October 2012

Hopewell, New York
“Wonderful food and Pastry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

Calico is a fantastic place to eat.
The food is prepared with a high level of expertise. Everything is delicious from appetizers all the way through to desert.
The restaurant is very small so reservations are really needed.
I can't wait to return for another fine meal.

• Visited May 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Stone Ridge, New York, United States
“It took us ten years but glad we found it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

My wife and I moved out of the city into the Catskills in 2002 and last night was our first visit to this cozy, intimate and wonderful restaurant. There were four of us and each dish was so tasty you could say we ate family style. Bread was being dipped each others sauces, shrimp, sole, scallops, mussles, etc were all being passed around and forget about the pastries, they were to die for! I served my way though college and my wife bartended in Hoboken for a decade, we know good service when we see it. To say we had 'good' service would be a gross understatement. Our server was by far the best server any of us has had the pleasure of dealing with, either locally, or in the city. He was polite, patient, funny, knew the menu to perfection and went above and beyond. We are looking forward to coming back soon and would strongly recommend Calico to anyone and everyone. Thank you for such a wonderful meal, for such great service, and for a fun night out with family!
Scott M. Stone RIdge , NY

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rhinebeck, New York
“I still can't believe this was my first meal at Calico!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

I've lived in the area for almost ten years and though I'd always heard great things about the food at Calico, we just never made it there until last week. I agree with all of the positive things other reviewers have mentioned--great food, friendly and thoughtful service, and it is very well priced. I had one of the specials the night we went--pork tenderloin medallions over butternut squash ravioli--so delicious! The restaurant is small so be sure to make a reservation.

Seattle, Washington
“Always excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

Once again a wonderful meal. I love the roasted garlic soup but this time tried a parsnip soup that was out of this world. The crab cakes were wonderful and as always the desserts were a great ending!

• Visited November 2012