“I do Feel Smarter” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)

You added Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline) to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   8 Empire Drive, Rensselaer, NY 12144   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Rensselaer
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“I do Feel Smarter”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

I like HIE because they typically have clean rooms, good rates, and so on. This one is no different. Very easy to get to off of I-90 in Rensselaer. The room is humongous. However, walking to it, I was struck in the hallway by the smell of stale smoke. Maybe all the rooms aren't smoke-free. That's bad if true. The ice machines were not working on the floor, so you had to go to the snack room, which was awfully bare of things to purchase. Breakfast was very disappointing. They have the typical pre-made omelets and bacon (which was cooked to a crisp and not at all appealing). Everything else was carbs, carbs, carbs. No fresh fruit, not even a banana. I am very disappointed in this HIE.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BBLHosp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, January 25, 2013
Thank you for the detailed review of your stay with us. I’m sorry to see that you were disappointed with your experience. We do offer some smoking rooms for guests who request them, though I can understand your concern. I’d like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We will also take our breakfast options into consideration as we move forward. Please feel free to call me directly at the hotel if you would like to discuss any of these matters further or if you have any further concerns or questions. We hope you will give us another shot the next time you are in town.

Kesha Legg, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Albany, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I was a bit disappointed in this particular Holiday Inn. When I initially entered to check-in, the desk clerk was on the phone with her Supervisor, and ignored me for at least 4 minutes. I would have expected at the very least an acknowledgement, and perhaps putting an employee to employee conversation 'on hold' to attend to a Customer. Didn't happen.

It was a very cold night, in the 20 degree range, and when I entered my room, the air conditioner was on. the room was freezing. The heat did come on quickly, but the bathroom was quite cold.

The bathroom sink and tub did not drain well. The plumbing was bad. The sink drained very slowly, and the bathtub did not drain in the morning. Since the pipes were squealing loudly and making pinging noises throughout the night, I think many rooms have plumbing issues.

There were only 2 hangers in the room (the Desk Clerk brought more to the room upon request), and the alarm clock was unplugged.

I expect a room to be ready when I check-in, not 1 hour after. All these issues should have been addressed prior to check-in.

I rated this a below average stay because I do run into poorly maintained rooms often. Typically there are not as many problems as this though.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Greg T,

Thanks for choosing us and taking the time to write your review. I am happy to know that you found our location to be suitable for your needs. I deeply regret the inconvenience you may have experienced during check in and if the room facilities' amenities did not function as expected. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences.

Once again, thank you for your comments.

Regards,

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Long Island City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I stay in Holiday Inn expresses all the time for the good value for a decent and clean room. It didnt live up to these standards The woman at the front desk was nice and helpful, but being the only one working makes it so sometimes you just have to wait when she gets pulled away. The shower and bathroom floor was stained and not cleaned well and the shower head had some sort of funk all over it making it look like it was old and never cleaned. The bed was somewhat sunken in. The selling point of a holiday in to me is that for a reasonable price, I can stay at a place that is clean and comfortable. Not this time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
BBLHosp, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to offer a detailed review of your stay. I’m sorry to see that you were disappointed with your experience. Cleanliness and guest satisfaction are top priorities for us. Our housekeeping staff has been informed of your comments and will take the appropriate action. Please feel free to contact us directly at the hotel if you have any further concerns or questions. We would love the opportunity to make it up to you the next time you are in our area.

Kesha Legg, General Manager
Rochester, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

Decent hotel. A little pricey for the suite based on the quality. Free breakfast was okay, but not special. Wound stay again, but take the least expensive room. It appears you are 15 to 20 minutes from malls and nice restaurants.

• Stayed December 2012
Parish, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012 via mobile

I am a regular fan & customer of Holiday Inn Express brand hotels and this hotel is fine but not the best. The location is great for one night of you are passing through or working in the area. Although I slept ok, I do think the beds need to be upgraded, they don't meet the Holiday Inn Express standard. Typically a Holiday Inn Express bed is the best bed you could ask for but you can tell when you walk in the room that these need to be upgraded as they appear to sag and be low to the ground.

The bathtub floor was very stained which was a turnoff. Otherwise the room was clean.

The staff was friendly and speedy during check-in, which I appreciated.

If the beds and bathtubs were updated I'd give it a better rating.

• Stayed December 2012
NYC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

They need some managing of the property here. The hot tub was out of service, the breakfast a joke because they were out of everything and were slow to refill, and they never did get the pancake machine working. The room was fine, with a nice "skyline" view in the far distance. We had a pleasant front desk check in by Thaddeus.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Keene, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We almost always stay at a Holiday Inn Express because we can count on them being above average without costing us an arm and a leg. Our stay at the hotel was disappointing. The bathroom had mold growing on the ceiling and the eggs at breakfast were terrible.

I wish I had checked the reviews and not just assumed it would be like other HIE's.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline), responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear adkers,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so I have sent you a private message. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Krysllin G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Express East Greenbush (Albany - Skyline)? Share your experiences!