“Chicken pot pies” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Millbrook, New York
“Chicken pot pies”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

The Red Hook Me Oh My chicken pot pies are the BEST and oh so tasty!!!!!!,!!
Easy to heat up at home to enjoy. Too bad they are making them smaller but for the same price.

Visited February 2014

Hannacroix, New York, United States
“Oh! Me Oh My !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

Me Oh My Pie Cafe in Red Hook Ny. Who knew they had great dinners too? $10.00 gourmet meals, highest price meal was $17.00. Great bread. 2 soups to choose from. Roasted veggies, 8 or so side dishes. In addition to the menu of great choices, there were three specials. A very small restaurant, about 6 tables, a cozy 2 couch nook, a 2 seat "bar" facing the window. Choice assortment of desserts and Harney teas. Bring your own wine or beer, still well worth it. We have to explore Red Hook some more! Town was full of little shops, unique Victorian homes. We talked to two other couples there -- they have Brunch on Sundays...Apple Crumb pie for starters?

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hockessin, Delaware
“Quaint Little Shop provides Tasty Treats”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

My wife and I stopped by this quaint little shop located on the main street of the village of Red Hook, NY. It is a rather small establishment with perhaps 8 tables inside and a few more on the patio out front. Pies, of course, are the featured items, but they also serve a pretty good lunch. Incidentally, the pies are made only with seasonal fruits that are available so they don't have every flavor you can imagine. The locals definitely frequent this establishment and I was surprised at how many people stopped in to buy a pie to take home with them. We stopped in for lunch and it was excellent. My wife had a planter's platter that had a delicious brie cheese as well as ham, apples, bread and a salad. More than enough for her and I got the leftovers. I had a terrific swiss and broccoli quiche which had a great tasting crust. It came with a salad as well. We shared a piece of apple crumb pie for dessert which was very, very good. We got there just before the lunch rush. It was quite plain that they people running the shop were not anticipating the large crowd that showed up for lunch-- mostly people in their 50s and 60s. There were only two people operating the business-- one in the kitchen and one waiting the tables as well as boxing the pies for the take-out customers. Service did slow down considerable, but it was such a nice, laid-back atmosphere that everyone just took it in stride and were very patient. It was a lot of fun with some really tasty food. We enjoyed it very much. It is a little north of the sites in Hyde Park, but well worth the ride. It isn't the CIA, but the Me-Oh-My Pie Shop has some good food nonetheless.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Homemade pies”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

What a recommendation from our B&B hostess. Pies made out of seasonal fruit, killer chocolate chip cookies, pecan pies, the list goes on. We purposely made a side trip to Red Hook to Me Oh My pies to bring home "presents". It took us about 25 minutes to make up our minds. One can actually see the chefs at work in the kitchen creating their masterpieces. Definitely worth the trip there. These are what REAL pies taste like.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saugerties, NY
“My Oh My Where is The Filling!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

This bakery was recommended to me for having the best pies in the county. I was skeptical, as we have many bakeries in the county with excellent baked goods, but who could pass up such a recommendation. So, I decided it would be worth the try. I wanted to surprise my spouse, who loves apple pie, so why not buy the best. First, my experience was a wait for at least 5 minutes before someone acknowledged I was a customer in need of a purchase, but being patient, it was worth the wait for what I believed would be a quality pie. Finally, someone from the kitchen glanced out to the customer area and came out to assist me. The prices were exorbitant, but once again, I do not care if it is quality. Yes, $22 for a pie is high. I purchased the mile high apple pie. It looked so delicious I couldn't wait to get home. My spouse couldn't wait either when he saw it and immediately cut a piece. Much to our surprise, we were deceived by the mile high that was filled with air. Yes, air. There was only approximately 2 inches of bland apple filling on the bottom, and the crust was hard and lacked any hint of a flakey, flavorful crust. To say it was a disappointment is an understatement. Not only will I never patronize this bakery again, my family and friends, who are always looking for a good bakery, did not receive a positive recommendation from me. This is my opinion and my spouses. You can try it for yourself.

• Visited April 2013