“Enjoyable stop” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
New York
“Enjoyable stop”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

We found the Shop by looking on the local Activity map of Rhinebeck and surrounding area. As we drove up Route 9, we saw the Shop and pulled up. The young lady waiting on us was pleasant enough, but seemed overworked a bit. She was very patient, however, explaining the various pie choices. We settled on a Dutch apple mini-pie ($7.95 for two people) and she split it into two pieces, put a generous portion of real, fresh whipped cream on attractive plates and we sat down at table of our choice. They were already "closed" when we arrived, but they continued serving take-out customers as we stayed well past closing time and ate our pie. The pie was very good, in my opinion, although it was a bit "crusty". However, that to me is preferable. Some people don't like that much crust, however. The price was right--one half of the pie was extremely generous portion, almost too much, and it amounted to less than $4 per person. I would stop again.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

USA
“Great food and value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Had dinner here and it was wonderful. Had a $10 dinner which included salad and entree. I had the pasta with mushroom and asiago cheese along with some other things I don't remember. Was very delicious and plenty to satisfy. The $10 dinner changes every day so you can go back and try different things over and over again. Make sure you stop here for a wonderful meal.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Jersey
“"So Good We Remember...."”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Lunch on a lovely Saturday afternoon. Previous notes on the need for FOH help were true of our experience also, but our al fesco lunch was so good we remember the details: New England Clam Chowder; a salad of greens, apples, celery, pecans and Romano cheese; a "little bite" of beef with caramelized onion and horseradish sauce on a piece of bread; and another "little bite" of zucchini and goat cheese. Under $22. Excellent.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“I love this place, not sure the owner isn't her own worse enemy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013 via mobile

Love the food here. Got to agree with the tablecloth comment, and the owner needs to hire a beaming front of house to take orders. Again, food is excellent and that's what I paid for. Chicken pot pie and apple pie for lunch absolutely yumm. One of the best lunch places in red hook worthy of supporting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Canton, Massachusetts
“Worlds most delightful apple pie and more”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

The Me Oh Mi Oh Pie Sop in Red Hook, NY is a must visit every time I visit the Hudson Valley Area. I satisfy my apple pie and homemade cream fix every time I taste this wonderful home made pie. This owner operated pie shop makes me feel welcome as if I am visiting a friend's home. In addition to their wonderful apple pies, they have other outstanding fruit and nut pies that will put a smile on your face after one bite. They also serve individual Quiches and sanwich bites that more than satisfies the light eater. For a very special treat I recommend this little jewel of a dining spot for all.

• Visited March 2013