“Fine, hip dining just off the TSP” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
NYC
“Fine, hip dining just off the TSP”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Pros: Eclectic crowd; good incentive quasi-bar food with outstanding beer list; close to TSP in Red Hook
Cons: Eclectic crowd; can be slow at times; pricey

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rhinebeck, New York
“I expected more.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

It was a Sunday morning and I was seriously in the mood fir a good breakfast but I wanted to go someplace quaint, quirky and off the beaten path, so I quickly did a search here on TA to find something that would be a home run..... I found "Another fork in the road" read the reviews, pulled up their menu and thought "Bingo, this is it!"

I am sorry but I found nothing special, quaint, or exceptional about this establishment. It's basically just a small building out in the middle of no where, that has put very little thought into the decor, which is why I am assuming some call it quaint? Couple pieces of art work, mismatched chairs, benches with the padding loose and sticky Formica top tables. When I inquired about getting my table cleaned I was told it was just the laminate that was sticky, not the tables actually being dirty, but that's just not acceptable to me at any rate.

I ordered a breakfast bake that consisted of eggs, goat cheese and greens. It unfortunately very dry and over cooked. The toast, which the bread was a homemade variety had a nice texture but was incredibly heavy.

My dining partners ordered other items, the one French toast with bacon, which they said was very good, but by the time the waitress brought out the syrup for it, it was cold.

Other dining partner ordered ham and eggs and was told they were out of ham. They ate their breakfast but I could tell with how they played with the food they weren't very satisfied.

It definitey was not worth the 45 dollar bill. Glad I tried it but will not repeat the experience.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Good food, ALWAYS Luke warm, crappy coffee”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Love the creative comfort food. Home made mozzarella is delicious as is the curry cilantro scrambled eggs. Grilled cheese crazy good. Many choices for vegetarians and meat eaters alike. We have eaten here several times because the food is good, would come more often If we could get a decent steaming good cup of coffee.

Waitstaff needs to learn very basic manners, like when you bring drinks don't hold them with your fingers all over the rims that customers drink from. Also would be nice to check back with customers instead of having to be flagged down. Coffee or water refills should be automatic but are rare occurrences.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

This is a charming place, with a quirky and quaint atmosphere. We went for breakfast on a cool November morning and I dined with my coat on it was so cool in the restaurant. The breakfast menu had many interesting choices. I selected the lox and onion scramble and my companion had 2 eggs sunny side up, their home made corned beef hash and rye toast. Our breakfasts came out quickly, minus my dining partner's toast. The waitress promised it would be right out. Five minutes later we inquired about the toast. The waitress apologized and added they have a slow toaster. Five minutes later my partner was served
whole wheat toast, the waitress realized the mistake and whisked it away with another promise of returning right away with toast. Another five minutes or so passed when she returned with the toast. I was told it was excellent but unfortunately his breakfast was already eaten....without toast. My meal was delicious, as was the coffee. We feel sad to say this but we will not be back.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Unexpected experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

The food was amazing! A must go to dinner spot. I hear the breakfast is even better. Great staff! Escargot was amazing. Table of four. We had the duck, chicken, trout, and short ribs. All incredible dishes. Cannot say enough of what a hidden treasure this is. Chef came out and thanked us for coming in. Everything served was organic. Decent wine list.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere