“Good food, nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Alfred, New York
“Good food, nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Sweet Basil has a nice homey atmosphere. Food tasted good but was too salty, especially the nice steak I had.

Visited September 2012

57% Recommend
Syracuse, NY
“Sweet Visit to Sweet Basils”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My husband and I visited on a recent Thursday evening. I was surprised there were not more patrons at 5:00 in the evening. We had excellent service and the chicken cord en blue was very good and tasty....very large portions also. My husband had some kind of pasta and seafood that he said was slightly bland....but that's him. Salad bar had more than enough to choose from. I stuck with the green leaf and veggies salad with creamy blue cheese dressing. My husband liked the fact that they had pickled beets to choose from. He loves them :)
My only complaint was the view from our table. I could see into part of the kitchen and there sat some sort of freezer or small refiig that looked rather old and dirty. Not what I wanted to view while eating dinner. My suggestion is that they clean or replace that piece or hang a curtain up between kitchen and dining room.

• Visited October 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Warrensburg, New York
“bland food”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

W.ent to Sweet Basils for a nice dinner with my wife and adult daughter . The service was terrible.The Scallops we had were bland, No vegetable, just a potato,and one of the worst salad bars ever. We have never been back again,

• Visited November 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Gansevoort, New York
“Delicious food, great service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I like going to the Sweet Basil for their salad bar and great meals. The service is wonderful and the atmosphere is nice too. It has a very welcoming feel to the place and the servers are very friendly. I have had the stuffed pork chops, steak, and the beef tips before and they have all been excellent. I would recommend this place for anyone looking for a good place to take a family or going as a couple. I also suggest getting there before 7pm for the early bird specials!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious food, great service, good prices. what more can you ask for.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I really enjoyed our dinner at Sweet Basil. The service was wonderful. The salad bar had some nice choices and not just the usual lettuce and tomato's. The entree had so much food that I took half home and had for another meal at home. I highly recommend this place. I was worried because there was a bus full of people there but they have several dining rooms and our wait was not long at all even with the bus there.

• Visited September 2012