“Not too bad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn

You added Red Roof Inn to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   931 State Route 9, I-87 - The Northway - Exit 19, Queensbury, NY 12804   |
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed overnight in Oct 2012 on our way down South.
Pros : Staff was very nice in letting us switch from a downstairs room to an upstairs, Room was worth the value, Nice Location, Lots of Restaurants in the area, Clean room
Cons: Bad Wi-Fi signal, Had to repair the deadbolt on the door as it was falling off.

Overall it was an okay experience.

Room Tip: I'd ask for a second floor room in the main building, a little safer if issues with deadbolt arr...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013

Well, not only could I check in early with no issues, we forgot toothpaste and a staff member personally delivered a complimentary sample to our room! Unbelievable service! It saved us from a trip to Walmart in the freezing cold!

• Stayed January 2013
Skaneateles, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Visiting family in South Glens Falls we were most concerned about finding a "pet friendly" spot-so we could bring our little Bichon Frisse with us. We spotted this place because of the very reasonable rate and close location, friendly staff. What a surprise to find a beautiful hotel. The room was large, nicely appointed, big screen hi def TV-and very clean. Now these rooms at most pet friendly places are pretty dirty and have a funky smell to them..because you have a pet-this one was as fresh a summer breeze. I was totally impressed and overjoyed until we went to bed. The bed-probably the most important element in a room for a night. The bed felt like it was taken form a 1960's abandoned motel-it was saggy, lumpy, squeaked when you go into it. How could a motel that put so much effort into the rest of the room have the bed be probably the worst mattress I every been in my whole life..incomprehensible! But all in all I would return-just take alot of sedation before sleeping on that mess.

Room Tip: if you don't have a pet-you probably are golden
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
North Adams, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for someplace decent to stay for NYE. The Red Roof Inn was a great deal! Best part we got to take out lab with us! For being a pet friendly hotel the rooms do not smell of animal at all! The room was clean bathroom was really nice shower was huge. Beds were pretty comfortable. Had a very big new flat screen tv micro and fridge. Very easy to find and even though being in the bigger area of queensbury it was very quiet it was a quick drive to lake George. The only complaint I gave is next door thru were draining the septic systems that smell was well bad... But not the hotels fault! Can't rate the service bc well we didn't need them. All in all a good stay if your looking for a nothing over the top decent hotel would Deff stay here again!

• Stayed December 2012
North Myrtle Beach, SC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

This RRI is great. Room was super clean, quiet and comfortable. Staff was great and our yello lab was welcomed. Convenient location to Glens Falls, Lake George, the Northway. Room rate was very fair. If you are in this area and don't stay here, what's wrong with you?

Room Tip: Rooms on back of building are very quiet.
Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

I stayed at the Red Roof Inn in Queensbury New York Oct. 28th thru Oct 30th and my stay was very pleasant, thanks to Samantha. I arrived there about 1:00am and I needed a few items from a store and I was directed where to go in addition she offered to make me coffee. I mentioned that that my flight to Florida on the 30th was not until 7:00pm, I asked for a late check out or day rate when Samantha told me she would check with the Manager.The following morning the front desk called me to say I could stay until what ever time I chose to leave. I left at 2:00pm and am very grateful to Samanth and management of Red Roof Inn. I come to the area a few times a year and will definatrly stay at this hotel again because of Samantha. Thanks again, Robert.

Room Tip: Rooms on 2nd floor were very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Hewlett, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

My family and I had planned a trip upstate for the weekend. We originally planned on staying at the great escape lodge, but after looking at the reviews on this hotel, we decided to change plans. What a great change! The hotel guests were so nice and accommodating and the room was immaculate! We were so pleased with the location. Great job General Manager Hal Halliday and staff!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Red Roof Inn? Share your experiences!