“Clean and a short walk to the park” 4 of 5 stars

Book a Business Package
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Rochester, New York
“Clean and a short walk to the park”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Staff was very friendly! Although the rooms are a little dated they were very clean. We enjoyed swimming in both the indoor and out door pool. We had 4 families meet here to enjoy a day at Six Flags. We arrived and the park early and walked back to the hotel to enjoy a picnic lunch at the pool. It was perfect! Breakfast was good and offered a good variety!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
TeaIsland123, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Lake George, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to your next stay.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

My family stayed here in July 2013. The room had two queen beds and was very clean. The room is very small comparably to other hotels in area. I suggest the hotel put something in the room explaining how to access the free wi-fi. We had a couple issues. The air conditioner in the room is a little outdated as there is only low/high setting compared to a lot of hotels now have the digital display which makes it easier to control, but it worked great. What makes this hotel stand out is it had two pools. One outside and one inside. It was perfect for when the night got a little cooler. Pool water temp was nice. Free hot breakfast is a big plus too. It was nice for my family to eat before spending the day at Great Escape. The hotel let us park our car in the hotel's parking lot while we visited Great Escape and they encourage it. That was another big plus for the hotel. The hotel staff member actually said it was a closer of a walk than parking at Great Escape. Room was a little pricey, but it is comparable to simular hotels with close access to Great Escape. I would definetely stay here in the future and reccomend to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and your visit to Six Flags. We look forward to your next stay.

Hopewell Junction, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed in the Country Inn and Suites for the last two nights. Everyone has been so helpful. My two young granddaughters wanted an early morning swim and the gentleman at the front desk opened the pool door for us at 9:00.
While swimming my 7 year old granddaughter lost her goggles and once again, he quickly sent someone to retrieve them. The speed with which our requests were met deserves recognition. Nice job Country Inn and Suites. We will return!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that our staff lived up to your expectations. We look forward to your next stay.

East Haddam, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I stayed here from April 15- 19 which was our spring vacation. The accomodations were wonderful. The rooms were large and the beds extremely comfortable. The breakfast was the best that I have seen and I have traveled alot.The pool and spa were perfect-clean and nice temperature. The proximity to things for kids was good also.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our pool as well as our breakfast. We look forward to your next stay.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We stayed here with our baby for two days 7/4 to 7/6. Overall hotel is good but very crowded. Breakfast was fine like at all hotels we stayed before, nothing special. Staff was friendly and helpfull especially Mckenzi and Amanda but guy at the front desk was strange; he started offering me free stay at motel across the street as they were overbooked. I felt weird as i was waiting on line and he never offered anything like that to guests in front of me.
Pool was small and was crowded with kids.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for Elaine Swain, Assistant General Manager at 518-745-0180.
NewYork
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed at this hotel from 6/30 and checked out yesterday on 7/3. It was a nice property. I liked the indoor pool and hot tub. Had a nice breakfast, it got very crowded, but we were able to get what we needed. The staff is okay, not rude, but not exceedingly friendly. My main problem was on 7/1 we got up came down for breakfast, put up the do not disturb sign until we returned for our things. We went out about 10:30 ish, I removed the sign, so the staff would enter the room to clean it. We went into Lake George, returned about 12:45, the room still wasn't clean. We decided to go to the pool so we all changed quickly, went down to the pool for close to three hrs, returned the room, still wasn't cleaned. I have stayed at many hotels, we vacation almost every year, this is never the case. In most hotels, they are knocking on my door too early. We had to shower for dinner, the housekeeping girl was in the hall so my husband got towels from her. This is annoying. We don't use towels over and over again at home, I make sure we have clean washcloths and towels in our home daily, I refuse to do it on vacation or to make my own bed in a hotel room this was unacceptable. On my way out to dinner I told the front desk what happened. First thing she asked me was did I have the Do not disturb sign up? I told her only when we went down to eat breakfast, but other than that it was removed. When we left for dinner, they went in and totally cleaned the room and left an apology. I was annoyed that when I asked for a service the front desk attempted to put the blame on us as customers. It is basically a nice hotel. I have stayed at better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. I apologize that we fell short of that mission in regards to cleaning your guest room. I am happy to hear that our front desk staff promptly took care of your concerns in the evening and we hope to see you again in the future.
Boonville, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Real close to the Great Escape - right across the street is a ice cream place and was very busy. When I checked in the desk staff Amanda and McKenzie were very professional/friendly and very accommodating - I enjoyed the pool in the evening inside and out and the hot tub inside.

I did see McKenzie the next day and she greeted me like I was a good friend.

Well worth the price and the room was very nice.

Room Tip: Depending on what your needs are you can ask the desk staff. I did and was very satisfied.