We stayed here on Friday, June 21 and checked out on Sunday 6/23.
Check in was a breeze and Megan at the front desk was an absolute joy. She was the one I made our reservation with by phone and she actually remembered me!
I had requested a room close to the pools and she happily accommodated which I genuinely appreciate.
However, the rooms on the first floor were recently recarpeted. The second we opened our room door, we were blasted in the face by the "new carpet" rubbery, headache inducing smell. It was over bearing and noxious. I didnt want to be difficult so I just tried to ignore it.
The room itself was disappointing. Two queen beds next to each other and a small couch with a 1/2 wall separating the beds and the couch. A small kitchen counter with a Mr. Coffee one cup on it and a tiny fridge. I was under the impression that we ordered a "suite" at country inn and "suites however, this was their " studio suite" and it was not good. Very tight space. The bathroom door can't be opened if you're standing at the counter brushing your teeth and if your kids are in the tub you can't open the door for air because it will block the tub completely and the door handle will be in their faces.
The rugs (considering they were brand new) were stained and the beds were extremely uncomfortable.
The amusement park is literally one fence away. Lake George and the village are a good 15 minute car ride away. There isn't much of anything else immediately nearby, an ice cream shop with a line 3 miles long across the street.
All in all I wasn't impressed with the hotel or the rooms. The staff I would like to reiterate was amazing, but the hotel was not.
The outdoor pool was clean, warm, uncrowded. The indoor pool was heavily chlorinated to the point of choking, very warm and very slimy. Also, not very clean.
To sum up our experience, if you just need a place to sleep and aren't traveling with young children this hotel would be fine. However, if you're looking for more than a bed, dresser and toilet, I would shop around. It's a nice property, but it's lacking a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located right next door to the entrance of the Six Flags Great Escpae! The Wakita Motel offers clean, comfortable accomodations at a reasonable price. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Lake George reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Queensbury
- Country Inn & Suites Queensbury Hotel Queensbury
- Country Inn Queensbury
- Queensbury Country Inn
- Country Inn & Suites Lake George NY - Queensbury