“Nice stay at Country Inn & Suites Lake George, NY” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Queensbury
gilford, nh
“Nice stay at Country Inn & Suites Lake George, NY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

Had a great stay, the room was very comfortable, clean, nice bed. The hot breakfast was nice.
Front desk staff was very helpful. Very nice lobby, with homemade cookies, coffee/tea available anytime. I would stay here again, this is the 2nd time I stayed here, and I like the Country Inn and Suites, as you can always depend on a nice stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

Very nice and clean hotel. Breakfast was good enough. Location was great. Furniture was a bit old and there was no LCD TV in the room. The real issue was the noise. My room on the 3rd floor had poor sound proofing and the late night talks next room became really annoying. And no, they did not talk too loudly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
TeaIsland123, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Lake George, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I am sorry to hear of your less than satisfactory stay with us. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations and are disappointed when we fall short. I'm excited to announce that although we are only 5 years old we are undergoing some renovations this Fall and Spring and I hope that you will stay with us again to experience our new look. Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your time and look forward to you visiting us again!
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Just did an overnight at this hotel. Was very satisfied. Hotel looks to be very well maintained. Room was clean and comfortable. Common areas also very clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast has a nice assortment to choose from.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
valley cottage
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

During my travels this summer, I was booked at the Country Inn and Suites in Lake George for a one night stay in August. In the beginning of the week that I was traveling, we had a death in the family and we were far away and needed to juggle things around to get back earlier than expected for the services. I had a special rate and needed to move the travel plans up one night to get back on time. I was told that The Country Inn and Suites could accommodate us but not at the rate I had booked. I had already been on Expedia and knew they had rooms available. The rate I was quoted was almost double what I had booked months before. I canceled the room and moved to another hotel who also had rooms and were willing to provide a last minute special rate for the exact same amount as the original rate at the Country Inn and Suites. Its a shame that their management could not have helped us out in this difficult time. When you have something like this happen, Country Inn and Suites, you might want to help a family in need out. Thanks to the Clarion who was much more flexible and understanding!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
TeaIsland123, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Lake George, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
I was very saddened to hear of your less than satisfactory experience with your reservation. We always do our best to match rates and allow for unfortunate circumstances that occur. We also offer bereavement rates and special discounts for those who have emergencies in their family. I assure you that had you spoken to myself or the other manager we would have matched your rate and made sure you were taken care of. I apologize that my front desk did not react the same way but I thank you for bringing it to my attention so that I could make them better aware of our policies. In the future please feel free to contact me directly should you have any issues or concerns.
Elaine Swain
Assistant General Manager
BrickUSA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

This hotel has many positive aspects. Here are the PROS: 1) LOOKS NICE:outside the property and inside the hotel as well. 2)EASY TO FIND...their address is 1130 Route 9 but my GPS wouldn't take that address..I called ahead and the staff let me know that GPS's WILL take the address for their side street..so, use "1 Round Pond Road" and you will be good to go. 3)LOCATION IS GREAT...if you stay here you are right up against SIx Flags. When you park your car in the hotel's lot you'll see that you are about 250 or 300 yards from the bumper cars or the swings. etc. 4)YOU SAVE MONEY..you don't have to pay $18 to park at Six Flags because the walk from Country Inn and Suites to the actual Six Flags ticket booth entrance is short(a 6 to 8 minute walk depending on your walking speed). 5)Additional stuff re. THE LOCATON.....it's just an easy 10 minute drive to Lake George Village ..the hotel is 3 minutes from I-87. 6)The STAFF was HELPFUL with my questions and requests 7)MY WIFE LOVED THE HUGE AMOUNT OF BATHROOM COUNTER SPACE 8)HEATED INDOOR POOL AND NICE FLAT SCREEN TVS in your room WITH LOTS OF CHANNELS..... OK.... No hotel is pefect, but my CONS would be: 1)THE MATTRESS WAS QUITE FIRM....my shoulders could not sink in at all. 2)In my particular room I heard during more than one night a noise that sounded like a jack hammer.... it lasted only for about 15 minutes....it might have been the plumbing for the shower of one of the rooms surrounding me 3)Beware...They do have rooms right next to elevators and vending machines...BUT...I asked to have my room relocated and the staff was happy to comply with my request. So fellow travellers....I hope this was helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 20 are good. I was in room 327.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Closter, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

The stay at the hotel was great.The staff was very helpful and the breakfast was also good.Meghan Bolen booked our reservation and provided us with helpful information.Our stay was very relaxing.We will return again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Turners Falls, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Nice place to stay if you are going to Six Flags and have kids. The staff was friendly and the pool area were clean. The breakfast was decent and had a new hot food every day. We would go back again in the future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites Lake George? Share your experiences!