“A few bumps” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Queensbury
Farmington, New York
“A few bumps”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Stayed at this hotel this past weekend. Check in process was quick and given our room headed upstairs to find we were given a handicap accesiable room. Called down to the desk to ask to be moved to a non accesiable room and was accomodated with no problem. Got the new keys from the front desk and went to the new room got back upstairs after hauling all of our stuff and the keys would not work. (Would you believe this is not the first time this has happened to me at this hotel) Went back down to the front desk and the girl was very nice and came up with me with a new set of keys this time they worked. Room was clean and the rest of the stay was smooth.

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
TeaIsland123, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Lake George, responded to this review, April 4, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our staff and were treated well during your stay! I was surprised and disheartened to hear that you have had issues with your keys on a couple of occasions. Please know that because of your comments I will be meeting with my staff to ensure the proper handling of keys and I will have my maintenance staff checks the door locks to ensure everything is working properly. I understand how upsetting that must have been to have to come to the desk twice with your luggage and I truly apologize for that. Please feel free to call me directly when you are in our area in the future and I will be sure you have a stress free stay!

170 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Frederick, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

The rooms and the hotel were very clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. If you have allergies to "down" feather, you need to ask for different pillows and blankets. (they were happy to accomodate). The pool was small but nice. The hot tub was a little cool, but when we told them about it they corrected it right away. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The location is awesome. Right next to Six Flags amusment park, and across the street from "The Great Escape Lodge" Lots of restaurants located near by. The free breakfast in the morning was more than adequate, again the staff was wonderful. The breakfast consisted of make your own waffles, potatoes, omelettes, cereal, oatmeal, yogurt, muffins, english muffins, toast, bagels, coffee, tea, milk and various juice choices. Will definitely stay here again if we are in the area.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a suite. Two queen beds and a sofa bed
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for a relative's wedding and it was clean and well-kept. The breakfast was absolutely fantastic.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Delray Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2012

Excellent and quiet hotel stay for a business trip (with very fast reliable internet service). I would bring my family there anytime too. Staff was very helpful with recommendations for surrounding area. Pool area and hot tub were very clean and organized. Room was clean spacious and comfortable. Breakfast was great and the coffee and free cookies always hit the spot. Would definitely enjoy staying there anytime. Thanks especially to Jessica for the excellent pizza house recommendation. Great location with so much to do within a mile up and down route 9.

Room Tip: It seemed each hallways was quiet and a good choice. Right next door is the Great Escape Amusement P...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Ellenburg Center, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2012

When we checked in I realized at the desk that I had left my bag of shower and toiletry items at home. With a family of 5, going to the local walmart to purchase items we already had was not the way I wanted to start our weekend. Elaine at the desk was very helpful and supplied us with the basic items we would need to avoid spending extra money. She also reassured us about the safety lock near the top of the door in the room being very high as our last stay in another hotel ended in our 4 year old being able to unlock that latch and get out into the hall while we were sleeping. The rooms were clean and fresh smelling and that latch was indeed very high so our son could not get out. :) The complimentary breakfast the next morning was way more than any complimentary we've ever gotten anywhere else. We will definitely be going back. Thank you Elaine and all of the other great staff at the hotel! You made our stay wonderful!

Room Tip: Since we traveled with friends, the adjoining rooms were great to have!
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2012

I would like to take a moment and complement your hotel for the service I received this week when I called and made a reservation. The Assistant General Manager at your Hotel, Elaine Swain, made the reservation for me. However one of the Questions I asked her was approximately how far your location was from where I would need to go to attend meetings over the weekend. She gave me an approximate distance and I said fine thus ending the conversation. But Elaine went above and beyond the next morning. On her way to work Elaine actually traveled the route to make sure she had given me the correct distance. As it turns out the distance was further than she had estimated. The next thing Elaine did was take the time to call my cellular telephone and leave me a message indicating the distance was further than she had originally estimated in the event it may have changed my plans. In closing I would just like to say if the people on your staff are always this Customer Care/Service oriented...Then you should be very proud as you have a great organization.

Best Regards,

Ken Davis
Internet/Inventory Management Team
UNITED CAMC AUTOS INTERNATIONAL INC.
4600, Blvd. de laGrande-Allée
Boisbriand, Quebec, J7H 1S7
Tel.: (450) 434-1800
Fax: (450) 434-7794
Website: www.unitedauto.ca

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
New York City
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

This was a quick overnight on a foul weather travel day. Found the site online, called and made a reservation over the phone for a AAA rate. Arrived later that evening to a pleasant receptionist. The room was fine- cold (no heat was on, but it warmed up). Basic amenities, seemed like a quiet night and not noisy a hall. Up early the next morning... the free breakfast seemed like not much thought went into it... all prepacked, heavy on preservatives...I got some oatmeal and a cup of decaf and headed out. Was happy to have found this, and I'd stay here again if I needed a place to crash overnight.

Room Tip: The back side of the hotel is quieter, away from the highway.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Country Inn & Suites Lake George? Share your experiences!