“Great Escape!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
“Great Escape!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

Great place to stay with children, so many different activities and huge bonus is the indoor water park. The hotel is very clean and the staff is extremely pleasant and eager to assist with any of our needs

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SFGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, October 22, 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us such a nice review. We work hard to provide our guest with a large variety of activities that every member of the family can enjoy. We all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Wilbraham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

This was our 2nd time staying here. Both times we loved it. Two best parts: the indoor water park (everyone had fun!) and the mattresses. Best nights sleep ever. Our room (a premium suite) was huge with a nice kitchenette area.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for sharing your review with our fellow TripAdvisor fans. The Staff works hard tp provide fun and clean experience and we were all excited to know that you were satisfied. Thank you for staying with us and we all look forward to seeing you again soon.

Yorktown Heights, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

Our stay was from August 3rd-4th.The first thing that struck me was how "worn" the facility looked over all. I booked 2 rooms ( one for myself and children and another for my elderly parents), so i spent over $700.00 combined..I guess I just did not expect the some of the common areas to be so used looking. Lord knows they charge enough ( with no reduced rate for 2 almost 80 yr old people who would not be using either of the parks, so Im not sure why they cant put money back into the facility to make it look alittle "crisper". The tub leaked in our room and the bunk bed was so unstable it kept waking my daughter up throughout the night. The bedspread was sooo dirty we took it off and stuffed it in the closet . The staff were "o.k."- most were cordial, although the front desk staff looked liked that was the last place they wanted to be. I travel alot and there is a huge push for customer service amoungst the chain hotels-apparently this hotel does not feel they need to go out of their way..
All things considered, I wouldnt go back; I would sooner go to many of the other water parks/amusement parks, like CoCo Key in Connecticut, before I would spend that kind of money again-The hotel associated with CoCo Key has no threatening signs in the room of a $150 charge if you do not evacuate your room by 11:15am on your departure date... another thing you wouldnt see at a chain hotel.

Room Tip: make sure you get a room on an upper floor.. main floor very noisy, both on the same floor and over...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize that your stay with us was not fully satisfying. I appreciate your comments and willingness to share your recent experience. We rely on our guests to let us know what we are doing right, and where we can improve. Thank you for letting us know about the problem with your tub and bed so we were able to make our maintenance staff aware of the issues. We will certainly use your review constructively to work to provide the best stay possible for our future guests.

G.M.

Travelers are raving about these Queensbury hotels

New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We booked with $75 off if you booked 2 or more nights and also received not only unlimited use of the indoor water park but 3 days of tickets for each guest for the Six Flags Great Escape theme park as well. For a family of four that's at least a $360 value in itself.

The indoor water park was clean and well monitored and more importantly for me, heated.

The rooms themselves were clean and comfortable and everyone at all of the great escape venues was very friendly.

Room Tip: we just went with a basic suite instead of one of the themed rooms and we spent so little time in th...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
SFGuestRelations, General Manager at Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark, responded to this review, October 9, 2014
Dear Dawn D,

Thank you very much for your positive review! Our team is excited to hear that your family had a great time at our resort, especially with the additional access to the theme park and indoor water park. We take pride in providing our guests with the best possible accomodations and I am thrilled to hear that you were satisfied with our staffs efforts! Thank you again for the review and we look forward to your return visit!

Sayville NY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Dirty room, Wifi problems, Unfriendly staff, Over priced for what was expected based on their web site. However the inside water park was ok for the children. Would not recommend this Lodge. There are many better places to stay in the Lake George area.

Dear Boulevard,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I sincerely apologize your stay with us was not fully satisfying and I also apologize for the lack of service provided by our staff in addressing any issues you encountered. This is not the level of service we strive to provide and I am sorry this was what you experienced at our hotel. I am glad you found value in our indoor waterpark as it is a great additional perk to staying at the Lodge. Thank you for your review and we hope that you choose the Great Escape Lodge again in the future!

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My kids loved this hôtel! We had a suite with 3 queens and Bunked beds.

The hôtel is clean. water slides were perfect for kids under 10, although they should heat the water a little more. A bit expensive too.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Sabyby,

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience! I am thrilled that you and your children enjoyed the Great Escape Lodge, especially the indoor waterpark seeing as that is our main attraction, we do work hard to ensure all guests recieve a quality service with their stay. Thank you for your kind review and we look forward to having you stay with us again!

Utica, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

had read a lot of negative posts about this place and was nervous as to what I was getting into, but I can say I'm glad I stayed there. The room was a traditional sweet and was just fine for my family of 5, it was ready when we arrived and was very clean and the housekeeping staff kept it that way our entire stay. our room was on 2nd floor and we slept great every night, it was not loud at all. the exterior and common areas of hotel were also clean.check in was fast and friendly. indoor water park was great, we all hit the slides mom/dad 14yo/16yo/5yo and had a blast. the location is great if your doing six flags great escape, you walk right from the lodge over a bridge to the entrance. johnny rockets food was exellent. Over all I would recommend this as a great place to stay and my family plans on going again.

Dear Dominick M,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a nice review! I am thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us! Our staff does work hard to provide clean and neat accomodations for our guests and I am extremely happy to hear that you were satisfied with our staff as well as our facilities. We certainly look forward to your return visit!

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!