“Good Water Park” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
The Woodlands, Texas
“Good Water Park”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

When they opened the Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark we used to live in Clifton Park, NY. We could never attend the Hotel as it was always booked months in advance. Last march we went with our kids and 2 of their friends.
The Park is a average, could get more atractions. My son enjoyed the flow rider.

The stay at the hotel was below average. The rooms are big but no confortable. They use a memory matress foam in all beds - but this seems to be low quality, as I had back pain from it.

In Their main restaurant the food is tasteless and overcooked. We had almost all meals at Friendly's.

West Mountain is near and the kids enjoyed skiing.

Room Tip: Go to the park but stay in another hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Upstate New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

The staff was wonderful at the lodge. The Klub Moose suite was amazing for the kids. The kids club was also wonderful. There were a few issues with the TVs in the rooms and a few fixes that could have boosted the room's atmosphere. BIG TIP.....GET THE COKE CUP ASAP. Huge money saver! The lifeguards were terrific and tested right in front of patrons. The arcade was pretty cool, but prizes a bit chincey. We will head back when we can save up the money or find a good deal. 14 year old had fun but it was a stretch for her to have a lot to do just in the lodge and Waterpark.

Burlington, Vermont
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

First, we asked for extra towels immediately once we got here, 5 hours later we asked again and finally got them. At 9 pm very loud slamming of doors and banging sounds similar to dropping of bowling balls above our room. It went on for hours while I had 2 small children trying to go to sleep. When I called the front desk to ask if it could be looked into, I was told very rudely that quiet hours begin at 11 pm. A place that caters to children has quiet hours that begin at 11? I don't think 9 pm was unreasonable. The front desk staff attitude altogether was rude and uninviting and unwelcoming. For the amount of money we have spent here for the whole experience, you would think they could be a little more courteous. We will NOT be staying overnight again and I will make sure to spread the word.

• Stayed May 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed one night in the lodge/waterpark. Room was great and big. Park was WAY WAY to packed. Bus loads of kids came in and was a total disappointment to us!!!! No where to sit or eat. Kids could not even enjoy water park with the packs of kids that just came in off buses and dropped all their stuff everywhere and ran around wild for the day!!!! Should be a limit of how many bus loads of kids can come. Food was good at J Rockets kids loved it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Malone, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was my first stay at the lodge. I was a bit nervous, as I'd read some really bad reviews, but thankfully I didn't have any issues. I booked because of a 48 hour promotion, and a Thursday was very "off-peak." However, I checked the price for Friday, and for the very same room I had, and it was $200 more than I paid. No way would I have paid $200 more for my room, waterpark or no waterpark.

The traditional suite room was nice and big, and the beds were comfortable. The bathroom did have huge cracks in the floor, and I was not thrilled that the toilet did not have a lid to put down.

My family and I used the waterpark. The water definitely could have been warmer--especially on the slides that went outside. It literally was a shock to my system when I stepped into that water. The lazy river was a bit warmer. It could have used more tubes, especially since some parts of the river is only 2 feet 8 inches. You can't really float in such shallow water.

I liked that I didn't have to worry about multiple entrances/exits, and I sat where my kids had to walk past me if they had to use the bathroom, so I was always comfortable about their safety, even if I couldn't see them every second. There were also tons of lifeguards.

The bathrooms in the waterpark could have been cleaner. I'm sure it's a constant battle, but every time I went in there, there were paper towels and toilet paper all over the floor. Because the floor was wet, it created an even larger mess.

I refused to buy any food at the snack bar at the waterpark. A meal for a family of 4 started at $40. I saw the portions, and they didn't look very impressive. I didn't bother to check out any other restaurants, as I was totally turned off by the prices I saw at the snack bar. Instead, we went to Golden Corral, about 15 minutes away, and spent $40 for our family to eat at the buffet. No big deal.

Overall, though, the kids enjoyed the time there, and really, that's all that matters. I was thankful for the promotion, and will look for others in the future, as I would go back as long as I don't pay full price.

montreal
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

room was filthy. telephone broken. tv broken. linens filthy. leaky shower. broken toilet. staff tried to help us. management did nothing to accommodate us. shame on you. very disgusted with this hotel. i'll never go back again.

Room Tip: pick a different hotel
Middlebury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We stayed one night at the Great Escape Lodge/Waterpark. We took our twin boys for their 6th birthday. They are the perfect age for this waterpark. They are able to enjoy all of the features. They are just tall enough to touch through the entire lazy river so we didnt have to worry as much as when we went the previous year. They loved the play structure on the 2nd floor...after they figured out the timing of the big bucket of water that spills over the entire unit:) They also enjoyed the "big" water slide with their father and I. It's great that the stay includes the price of the waterpark. You can't get two days worth of entertainment and a night's stay for cheaper price anywhere. The staff at Johnny Rocket's were great.
My only complaint would be the bathrooms in the waterpark. They could be cleaned and restocked (with toilet paper) a little more often. And, if you have a child that may need a life jacket you may want to bring your own. We had one instance where we had to wait for one.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!