We've been meaning to go to this hotel for several years and finally got around to it. The kids, ages 11, 8, and 5 were not disappointed. The indoor water park is perfect for younger children. The water park is big enough to keep the kids happy, yet small enough to find each other easily.
My older children loved the big slides, the tube ride through the darkness, and the other slide that goes outside the building. My youngest enjoyed the splash pad and the lazy river. None of the kids liked the surfing pool. It did look quite rough.
Our hotel room was spacious enough and came with a refrigerator and microwave. The room and bathroom were very clean. Check in isn't until 4 pm so time it carefully if you get to the water park earlier. The following morning was a bit of a rush, a quick hour at the park, then upstairs for showers and out before 11 am or the hotel charges you $150 extra per hour. You could stay longer at the park, but you do need to check out on time.
The chlorine is very strong and two hours is plenty. My older son got a rash from the chlorine and our eyes were stinging a little. They do warn you when you check in.
The service was good and the facilities were clean.
My kids also enjoyed the arcade in the hotel. They seem to be more generous with their tickets than other places.
Our only major complaint was that we found the beds too soft, but for one night, we lived with it. The hair dryer provided nearly burst into flames, we did inform the the front desk, but it was never replaced during our stay. I didn't like the shampoo provided either, but this is a small detail. Our room faced the highway and you do hear the passing cars and trucks.
I think we would go back as a treat for the kids. They had such a good time. Next time I would bring my own shampoo and hair dryer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready for a fun-filled stay in the Lake George area you'll never forget? The Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park is a 200-room family suite lodge near Lake George, a resort featuring an incredible 38,000 sq ft indoor water park with attractions designed to make every age group smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge And Indoor Waterpark
- 6 Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Queensbury
- Great Escape Lodge
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Lake George, NY - Queensbury