We went to the Six Flags Lodge and Waterpark during the Spring Break (April 17th). As expected the place was completely sold out and it was very busy. I had to pay premium $$ for this stay. I came here once earlier and got a really good deal at travelzoo.com and this time I paid 4 times more. It hurt but this was the only time the kids could take time out.
When you hear Six Flags you think of these huge amusement parks with a lot of rides and large area. This is nothing like that. The water park is indoor and comparably quite small. I would recommend staying at the lodge which includes the water park tickets. They offer a large soda mug for $10 with unlimited refills during your stay. This is a must. If we had to pay for all the drinks individually we would have spent a bundle. But this also makes you drinks a lot of extra sugary drinks thinking its free. They also offer 2 pizza + wings + soda deal during booking for $40. Though it sounds good but we did not like the pizza at all. It was really bad. You can save money by picking it up rather than room service (which is 20%). They provide the towels at the water park which is really convenient. There are 2 individual slides with the blue one being the dark one and the yellow a bit easier one. There is a family ride with a max of 4 people. With the spring break crowd this ride took forever. The machine that brings the craft up broke down 2 times and it was so heavy to carry. They need to fix it. All three are from the same platform and are quite enjoyable and not too long and scary (as in some other outdoor water parks). There are some other (3) water slides for younger kids which were good fun. Our 3 year old had a great time on those. The lazy river is really lazy and it was difficult to find a tube due to the crowds. We just walked around the river which is not too big. The one ride that we really liked and which had waits over an hour was surfing. This was exciting and so much fun - wish the waits where less so we could have gone multiple times. You actually dive on this ride with a board and try to balance yourself over a stream of water moving upwards at high speed. It looks scary and you get overturned many times but you can't get hurt due to the material and also the attendant closes the ride if they think you are unable to handle. This is a must do.
There are 3 eating choices and 1 coffee shop. We liked the Johnny Rockets which is a diner and its very reasonable with Huge portions. We had to get half the food packed. Very quick service and good food. The food at the water park is what you expect - hot dogs, burgers and pizza which are more expensive than what you would find outside. But who wants to leave the water park and go eat outside. You can also get a beer mug and keep refilling it for $6 or $8 depending on the beer which is quite expensive but still you need to have at least a couple. The pizza was much better than the regular restaurant.The other restaurant is a sit down dining with better choices. They also offer a buffet every morning for $10. They didn't have too much choices so we choose Johnny Rockets for breakfast instead. Its a good place to hang out after a whole day at the water park to get a drink or have dinner. Due to limited seating there are long waits. The coffee shop hardly opens. I saw it open in the morning but could not get a coffee at 4 p.m. So you have to look for its timings.
There are some outlet malls outside the lodge but nothing out of the world. There are better ones in North Conway and upstate NY. If you want to eat out there are many place 4-5 miles towards downtown Lake George which is a beautiful small town. Lot of activities and water sports but if you spend so much money at the water park you better use the water park.
Overall great family fun but will visit during non peak time to spend less on lodging and more on the rides. Highly recommended for winters.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ready for a fun-filled stay in the Lake George area you'll never forget? The Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Water Park is a 200-room family suite lodge near Lake George, a resort featuring an incredible 38,000 sq ft indoor water park with attractions designed to make every age group smile. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Low Cost Holidays, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Odigeo, Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge And Indoor Waterpark
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Hotel Queensbury
- 6 Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark
- Great Escape Lodge
- Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark Lake George, NY - Queensbury