“Great family fun” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
New York City, New York
“Great family fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

We went for one night with 3 kids (7,5,2)

I picked this place because great Wolfe lodge was double the price.

We stayed in the room with the separate bunk beds for the kids. The kids thought it was so cool. The events they had for Christmas were great. We met Santa and mrs. Claus. We saw Santa do a magic show and mrs. Claus read the kids a bed time story.

We went to johnny rockets for dinner, which was very kid friendly and fun.

The water park was great. My 7 and 5 year old had a blast. After about 30 minutes my 2 year old was done :) the area for the baby was really cute. It has a small slide for her and swings. I thought it was strange that the water in the kiddie area was significantly colder then the other areas, but it didn't stop her from playing.

I'm not a water park person, the thought of walking around with no shoes and in my bathing suit grosses me out, but I really wanted to do something festive this holiday season, and I got past my issues for the kids and even went down several slides and enjoyed the lazy river.

The hotel was very clean and staff was very nice.

We did the buffet in the morning, so much to eat!

We will be back next December!!

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
Bay Shore, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

great place to visit with the family I strongly recommend this park. it was one of the best experiences for my girls. I will come back soon to enjoy the great service provide. it is not expensive and the room are very nice and clean

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Scotia, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Our family had more than an enjoyable time. The only think I would recommend is that if your younger children are sensitive to noise be ready when you go to the water park. Other than that you could not ask for a better place to vacation!!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 113 .. this room had the little area with the bunk beds for 2 children. The kids l...
Albany, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

This is our 8th family reunion celebrated here on Thanksgiving week end. We've had excellent experiences but this was very far from that. The property is in dire need of repair and updating. We get 3 rooms and each one had large stains on the carpet, one was missing a coffee table, what furniture was there was worn out. In the Waterpark itself the conveyor for the family tubes was broken and people were expected to haul enormous oddly shaped floats up 3 stories and there were only 3 of them. Because of that the single tube lines were long. Feces was on the walkway on Saturday evening when we left the Waterpark and had not been cleaned on Sunday morning when we returned. The hand sanitizer machine by the elevator was empty all week end. Not a good experience overall and we have many years to compare it to.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Nyack, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013

None of the fearful, negative comments carried the weight of the words and poor ratings I'd seen. My 9 year old daughter and 12 year old son are having a blast. Friendly, clean, reasonably warm and not very cold water. Almost no lines! Sitting here now at night by a warm fie and reception area clearly modeled after Grgat Wolf. Nice atmosphere, good music and lots of smiling kids and parents that are as happy as they decide to be - have the energy for. As you can read in some of the very negative comments, some people are just not very happy or are overly critical. Imagine if they were as critical when they stood looking at themselves in the mirror! Sorry, just had to throw that in. We just finished a super meal at Outback 2 miles own the road. At 1/2 the price of Great Wolf Lodge and, at this time of the year anyway, much faster service and almost no waiting for flume, etc, this is a blast and worth every penny. Gore Mountain and Whiteface in the general area make this a potential hotel for larger families with multiple activity desires this time of the year. You can keep Great Wolf Lodge if a larger park saves $250/night. Thank you Six Flags for making a wonderful experience for a family on a budget.

Kahnawake, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I came here for my daughters birthday (her idea). I was I the room with a cabin for beds. They had construction going on and they were working till 11:30 (I called to remind them that quite hours are 11 pm)

Next day I swear a heard was running through with all the banging. I hate complaining, but had to call. It wasn't workers this time it was guest. :(

I left a tip for my room steward ($10) and she didn't do the best job. Usually details are much nicer when you leave a tip. Kids room wasn't made up, and my bed was just flipped back over. No sheets tucked or anything. I didn't understand.

Hair dryer broken :-( not the biggest deal but it is November and it is a water park.

Food inside the pool area is expensive and not that great.

All in all, if it wasn't for the kids wanting to come here I wouldn't. Perhaps I'll take the extra hour ride to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls instead.

For the money I paid, it wasn't worth it.

Stayed November 2013
Hudson Valley (NY)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The property overall is very nice. Check in was a breeze, as the front desk crew were inviting and efficient. I didn't use many of the amenities, such as the kids club, but overall the vacation spot is a good value. We did an over nighter in the, "Adirondack Suite", which has a log cabin in the room itself. This provides a comfortable level of privacy for the kids and the adults, and for $228.00, including 4 waterpark ticks for 2 days, room, taxes and fees, I couldn't complain. Someone stated the lights didn't work, but I think they needed to wait for them to, "heat up". They are energy saving bulbs, and take a while to brighten. (Might wanna put the light on in the bathroom a bit before showering to ensure enough light to see what you're doing.) Anywho, as for the water park, it seemed very understaffed. (NOTE: NOT REFERRING TO THE LIFEGUARDS.Good ratio staff to guests.) Towels are a hot commodity, and are hard to come by. They need a better system. Speaking of bad systems, the raft ride that holds four desperately needs the conveyor belt in service. It's an accident waiting to happen. Humping that thing up 4 flights with 2 young'uns had me clutching my chest. "Up a Lazy River", is great, but there were never nearly enough rafts. I was told this was a busy w/e, (Veteran's Day), but it didn't seem crowded enough for the lack of items. Still, the 7 year old and 11 year old we had with us were absolutely thrilled, zero complaints, and we found it to be perfectly age appropriate for them. "Johnny Rockets", has a great staff, and is a nice price break for a resort restaurant. Same could be said for the gift shop...pretty reasonable as well. As for who this resort is ideal for age wise, I would say 3-11. I would recommend, "Great Wolf Lodge", for the older kids, as they have more rides for teens. Lastly, grab a luggage cart before you head to the water park, especially if you have two adults and can split up. Load up your car as much as you can in the early a.m., because people put the carts in their rooms and leave them there until they are ready to check out. They had 10, but I waited nearly an hour for one, so take care of that stuff early and it should make your exit smoother. If you want to step out for food, set your nav system on American food cuisine. Many decent eateries are located less than 3 miles from the resort that are family friendly such as, "Applebees", "Denny's", and, "Golden Coral". We picked, "Denny's", on the way out, and the place was the perfect ending to a great trip.

Room Tip: If you have little ones that still think there are, "montsters", in the closet, don't...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!