“Could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2013

I came here for my daughters birthday (her idea). I was I the room with a cabin for beds. They had construction going on and they were working till 11:30 (I called to remind them that quite hours are 11 pm)

Next day I swear a heard was running through with all the banging. I hate complaining, but had to call. It wasn't workers this time it was guest. :(

I left a tip for my room steward ($10) and she didn't do the best job. Usually details are much nicer when you leave a tip. Kids room wasn't made up, and my bed was just flipped back over. No sheets tucked or anything. I didn't understand.

Hair dryer broken :-( not the biggest deal but it is November and it is a water park.

Food inside the pool area is expensive and not that great.

All in all, if it wasn't for the kids wanting to come here I wouldn't. Perhaps I'll take the extra hour ride to Great Wolf Lodge in Niagara Falls instead.

For the money I paid, it wasn't worth it.

Stayed November 2013

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Hudson Valley (NY)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2013

The property overall is very nice. Check in was a breeze, as the front desk crew were inviting and efficient. I didn't use many of the amenities, such as the kids club, but overall the vacation spot is a good value. We did an over nighter in the, "Adirondack Suite", which has a log cabin in the room itself. This provides a comfortable level of privacy for the kids and the adults, and for $228.00, including 4 waterpark ticks for 2 days, room, taxes and fees, I couldn't complain. Someone stated the lights didn't work, but I think they needed to wait for them to, "heat up". They are energy saving bulbs, and take a while to brighten. (Might wanna put the light on in the bathroom a bit before showering to ensure enough light to see what you're doing.) Anywho, as for the water park, it seemed very understaffed. (NOTE: NOT REFERRING TO THE LIFEGUARDS.Good ratio staff to guests.) Towels are a hot commodity, and are hard to come by. They need a better system. Speaking of bad systems, the raft ride that holds four desperately needs the conveyor belt in service. It's an accident waiting to happen. Humping that thing up 4 flights with 2 young'uns had me clutching my chest. "Up a Lazy River", is great, but there were never nearly enough rafts. I was told this was a busy w/e, (Veteran's Day), but it didn't seem crowded enough for the lack of items. Still, the 7 year old and 11 year old we had with us were absolutely thrilled, zero complaints, and we found it to be perfectly age appropriate for them. "Johnny Rockets", has a great staff, and is a nice price break for a resort restaurant. Same could be said for the gift shop...pretty reasonable as well. As for who this resort is ideal for age wise, I would say 3-11. I would recommend, "Great Wolf Lodge", for the older kids, as they have more rides for teens. Lastly, grab a luggage cart before you head to the water park, especially if you have two adults and can split up. Load up your car as much as you can in the early a.m., because people put the carts in their rooms and leave them there until they are ready to check out. They had 10, but I waited nearly an hour for one, so take care of that stuff early and it should make your exit smoother. If you want to step out for food, set your nav system on American food cuisine. Many decent eateries are located less than 3 miles from the resort that are family friendly such as, "Applebees", "Denny's", and, "Golden Coral". We picked, "Denny's", on the way out, and the place was the perfect ending to a great trip.

Room Tip: If you have little ones that still think there are, "montsters", in the closet, don't...
Hampton Bays
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

The place is dirty despite what others say.carpets need to be changed in many rooms and hallways,even people who give 5 stars said that something is not working so how come you give 5 stars?Because kids had a "blast"?The place look like a "fun" place for unions who get free hotel nights to spend with their families after a year of work.A million kids screaming around,pray that you don't have on upper floor a family with kids running and screaming from 5.30 am.Beds are comfy and that's all,fridge is a joke,tiny bathrooms the "traditional suites " are too crowded with furniture,vue is " fantastic" at the highway ,parking lot or another road passing by.Water park is suitable for litlle kids,water is COLD (they make economies on heating oil or gas!!),the attractions for bigger kids are open only one or another and are big lines for nothing special.One single guy handling tthe top attractions,tens of seconds waisted for the guy to come from the other place,why they don't put 2 people there?The wave section was closed on a Veterans day morning for a "private lesson"! Nice!A TON of chorine everywhere you will smell like coming out from a chorine can.The adults only "spa-jacuzzi" section is another cold water spa and you will feel the chorine entering your eyes! Check in at 4pm is you arrive early they send you to wait at water park-lockers are a fortune!!!.Food is overpriced fast food we didn,t try we find good French restaurant few miles away..At the entrance was a skinny black housekkeper vacuuming with a vacuum from the 80's,on upper floors vacummming the floor was done maybe last week,big fat naked mothers and fathers in the reception area coming out from the "waterpark" and showing the celullite in full force.
if you have litlle kids and you never been in a similar place they will enjoy the place if you been 45 miles away at Hope Lake lodge you will go back there in a beat!This place needs a major renovation soon and a much better organization of water park and heating the water.2 stars looking like hotel,3 stars rating is too much believeme.If our are somebody used with a 4 stars don't even try to go here.You will regret!

Room Tip: Choose another similar place if too many grown ups in your party!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Travelers are raving about these Queensbury hotels

Rochester, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

Check in was very fast and friendly. A lot is going on at this hotel..it is a very busy place!! Our room was very large and clean, the only thing was that all of our light bulbs did not work, and it was noticeable, so housecleaning should notice this as well. Although we enjoyed our stay, it is a tad pricey, but you are paying for the name "Six Flags". It would be awesome if a breakfast was included in the price of your stay.. Maybe down the road?? There is actually a lot of water fun at the indoor park. All in all this place is for the kids - and the kids love it!!! We will def be going back.

Wanaque, New Jersey, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

We stayed 2 nights at the lodge and did 3 days at the water park. Unlike other vacations that usually fly by, we were so busy all the time it felt like a much longer vacation, which is great. The room was immaculate the only problem we had was our refrigerator did not work. The water park is excellent for young children and unlike many other theme parks there were no extra charges for things like towels, life jackets etc. More tubes should be available at the lazy river and it could be a little warmer but we had so much fun it really didn't matter. Johnny Rockets really was so reasonable compared to other resort eateries we have been to. Our kids are 6 and 3, I think we found a new annual trip for our family we definetly recommend.Fun, Fun, Fun!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

The hotel was fine, sink in room rather than bathroom, the bathroom was moldy and crumbly in corners but the beds were comfortable. The facility was a little grungy, the water park bathrooms and showers were downright gross and a majority of the showers were out of order. The water park was fun, seemed well monitored by lifeguards. I was a little taken aback by the very unhealthy food offerings, all you can drink Coke machines and the marketing to the obese, and those kids who will end up with Type 2 diabetes before they're in middle school. I get it that the theme park patrons are not exactly into health food, but throw us a bone and listen to the AAP, the ADA and the NIH and offer food that won't kill us. Luckily we snuck in sliced apples and water and ate after leaving the park.

milford, ct
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

We live in CT, a quick 3 hr trip to the Adirondacks is my " stress therapy". No matter what season it is, there's always something to do.. We are here at the waterpark. We've been here several times and always greeted with a warm smile, the indoor waterpark is always clean, there is enough staff to make you feel like you can sit and watch you're kids without being at there sides always(of course, age dependent) there is quite a bit to do given an indoor waterpark and how big it is. We do visit a lot of them, I do like this one as compared to great wolf parks. The rooms at the lodge are a nice size... My only complaint .... The mattresses and the pullout sofa WILL KILL YOUR BACK. Honestly I feel like I'm sleeping on a slab of concrete. Management needs to look into this. I understand that pull outs have there issues, maybe the option of a roll away instead, which I asked and they don't have. The positive thing is they have great pillows!! They now serve free soda on each floor(good vs. Bad I guess). Like I said we love this place!! Also Johnny Rockets is attached to the park ( hint.. Restaurant.com has $25 cards for $10. For the restaurant)

In the summer, take a walk up the road to Martha's ice cream .... OMG.. An icon here!! The BEST ICE CREAM EVER!!
And.. If you like to take your family on a fishing trip on the lake, lakegeorgefishing.com 518-796-8159 ED IS THE MAN!!! You will have a great time on the lake with him! Whether with children or alone, get on his pontoon, you won't be disappointed!!!

Stayed November 2013

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!