“KIDS LOVED IT PARENTS OKAY” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
FREE Theme Park Tickets
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
montreal
“KIDS LOVED IT PARENTS OKAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

This is like an older version of Jay Peak's resort. Expensive for what you get but the kids had a blast. There is a kids camp (nothing worthwhile for free, only the payable ones seem interesting). The arcade was fun but it is more a gambling atmosphere than game oriented. (Win tickets to buy useless trickets by spinning wheels etc etc). the carpets need to be changed in the elevator and the parking can be a nightmare. It was raining and we had to park in the Amusement park parking as there were no more parking in the main section. We shouldn't have to walk in the rain for 5-10min to get to a dry spot. Not worth the $260-$400 a night price tag but kids only know fun and that they had!

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (185)
Baldwin, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I'm really not sure why everyone rates the Great Escape Lodge and Water park so poorly. Our experience was fantastic. Friendly courteous staff greeted us and helped us throughout our entire stay. The Lodge was "cute" and our room was clean and neat with really comfortable memory foam mattresses! The water park was empty, the only real wait we encountered was on the wave rider. Yes, the lifeguards were a little "robotic," but they were just doing their job, looking out for the swimmers. Any we talked to smiled and were more than happy to answer our questions. All in all it was a fun day trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Plattsburgh, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is my 3rd visit here and as always it was great! My only grip would be the TV's in the room are slow and hard to use, well for me any ways. But with so much to do, who needs TV? Garbage cans are very small. If you are traveling with kids bring some of your own bags in for garbage. The lodge is very close to both Lake George & Quesnbury for other attractions and eating.

Room Tip: Garbage cans are very small. If you are traveling with kids bring some of your own bags in for garba...
Belleville, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I went on vacation to this resort, it was recommend to me by a waitress where I buy my fuel an breakfast. I called the resort an spoke to Nicole she was very nice to make the sale I guess after they get your money is that you are on your own. I get to the resort on Sunday I checked in with my Grand Daughter n my Daughter an her friend. We use the facility at the resort everything is going fine, went to eat at apples bee's came back to the Sort to see some movies. That night my Daughter woke up screaming an said I felt something crawling on me, in the morning I saw a bug in the room I was able to trap it took it the management, at this time I was not happy with there service. I was hoping to get an xtra night for free or even a 30% discount from the total bill that I paid for the room for the 2 bites. I spoke to the management an they told me to go have my breakfast an when I get back they would have an answer for me. When I got back they told me to have my Daughter to go se the first aid nurse so she can an incident report, an some kind of treatment. I wait for management to read the report an see what was the out come, I was told that the bite marks an the rash on her skin was not caused by the insict, the manager try to tell me that she came to the resort with the rash. The manager Kasey told me that if the bug got in the room thru the Ac Vent that they have no control over this because the hotel is next to the mountains. I will be contacting the health department. Its a shame that it has to lead to this, the manger needs to be more customer friendly where is the saying the customer is right. I am sure if I were White and not a Hispanic the manager would have treated me different.

Room Tip: the rooms on the 4th floor are good no noise
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Queensbury hotels

Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent 4 nights at this place, and by the looks of it they cleaned up their act since last time we visited, which was 3 years ago.

I find it pricey, but we thought it was worth it. As I keep on saying it's a downgraded version of Disney, for a bit cheaper, and closer by for us.

The room was clean, the indoor water park is VERY safe, and well kept. The Outlets nearby are well worth it especially during the Labour Day Week-end.

The Johnny Rocket restaurant is very expensive and the food is not that great. The Tall Tell tavern is a bit better, but there's a lot of choices of restaurants around the area.

Baldwinsville, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

We had an amazing time. Johnny rockets was fun the food was great. The life guards are highly trained professionals the room was huge and clean! Very comfortable beds. We had so much fun. The kids activities were very exciting. The arcade the kids loved

Room Tip: We stayed in a 3 queen suite lots of room for everyone
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ellenville, New York, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

great place for the whole family loved it cool rides good food but pricey cool show for kids of all ages and kids klub with good activity a very cool arcade room with great prizes do recommend the kids backpack comes with token vouchers for starlit arcade lolly pop candy and ticket for kids moose klub.
hotel also has a spa, fitness room and many resturants with good food

Room Tip: traditional good for family of 5
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Six Flags Great Escape Lodge & Indoor Waterpark? Share your experiences!