“Not what it used to be” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
queensbury,ny
“Not what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

Have tried the Ridge Terrace a couple of times lately and it's definitely not what it used to be. Twenty years ago this place was packed all the time and you needed reservations to get in. Not any more, it's rarely full. Food has been average at best and for the prices you pay I do not expect average. Our Waitress seemed very rushed, wanted your order quickly. Very cold. Seemed like she had other things to do. I don't know why, the place was 3/4 empty. The menu is really very limited, it has the same items cooked with several different sauces but it's still the same item. Not impressed and will no longer go to the Ridge Terrace.

• Visited July 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Lake George, New York
“Wish The Ridge Terrace was open all year round!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

A beautiful Log Cabin setting. Plenty of window seats on the Terrace. The grounds are always maintained. I have had a tour of the Kitchen and trust me you'll never find a cleaner restaurant kitchen anywhere!!! The food is above excellent, if you like Veal this is the spot for you. (Try the Veal Raymond.) Wonderful seafood, pasta and steak dishes too. If you like duck they have a great one, burgundy or orange sauce. They have an extensive menu and also have weekly specials. A great relish tray and a warm loaf of bread is served with your salad course. Enjoy!!!

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Nice "off the beaten path" Gem just found.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Went with another couple who hasn't been here in 20 years. I have been coming to the area my whole life and this was our first time. It was memorial day weekend so here we go....

Our waitress, from the start, rushed, very over confident, and wasn't a good person for this restaurant. It was a busy Sat night so there was some understanding. However service was attentive and prompt, until she dropped my beer off her tray on my lap and my guest. But no trouble did I start, and no offer from her about anything except a napkin. And she charged me for that beer!

We had the filet migon, the veal marsala, a shrimp dish, stuffed mushrooms and rice pudding. Food was outstanding. Prices were ok and expected. We will come back here. It off the beaten path. Nice atmosphere and local crowd so its not ruined by the tourists.

I would gave it four to five stars, but the waitress made huge mistake by dropping a beer on me, and not making any offer, maybe a free drink, or appetizer as a gesture...not to mention she was indulgent from the start which make me pity her less for the mistake. So, other than that we will recommend, and will be back. Nice gem found with great food and hopefuLly better service.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Ticonderoga
“Most horrible dining experience ever”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

My family and I went to the Ridge Terrace Restaurant today, Mother's Day. Something happened in the kitchen and our order did not arrive in a timely manner. My husband questioned one of the hostesses to see if she could find out what happened. Instead of appologizing for our hour wait she verbally attacked us stating it is never the waitresses fault it is always the chef. Did we want to speak to the chef? Wha!. Okay so obviously you (Gina Rios) are having problems in the kitchen but you never bring them to the front of the house. All you needed to say was I apologize let me see if I can find out what is going on. Instead this woman (Ms. Rios) was aggressive and rude. It was our worst dining experience ever. I would never, ever recommend anyone go to this unprofessional restaurant. Our waitess also never apologized for our long wait. Other diners who arrived after us were eating 20-30 minutes before our meals arrived.

• Visited May 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
GF
“Go Elsewhere”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

Decided to try it again. Food average and way overpriced. Watch out for the wine by the glass $8.00 for 3 oz. You gotta be kidding me. Even waitress acknowledged that that was a rip off.

• Visited May 2012