“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Queensbury
Mt Holly
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

This hotel is old but clean, quiet, easy to find, and nicely located. The desk staff at check-in were very friendly, and dinner in the adjoining bar/restaurant was very good, as well as the service. The price was very reasonable, and I would definitely stay here again when traveling through the area, and I would definitely patronize the restaurant again as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Montreal, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

It was my first time at Ramada inn in Queensbury, and we have decided to stay there because it's close to the restaurant Olive Garden. The hotel was ok ,clean but not young. We had a room facing the back yard and not the highway so it was quiet. The indoor pool is nice and warm . The breakfast is not included in the price of the room.

Room Tip: Best quiet room are facing the back yard
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Los Angeles, California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Is there a Ramada in 2014 that isn't dilapidated and rundown? This place is exactly what one should expect with a Ramada. Walking into the hotel...or the room...is like walking back into 1985. The place is just generally rundown. The carpet, the bedding, the walls, the furniture, the air conditioner, etc., etc., are old and need to be replaced. Worse...the walls in this place are razor thin. We literally heard the conversation in the room next door. Also, like other reviewers noted, breakfast is not free.

I would personally pay the extra $ and go to a Marriott or Hilton property (Courtyard, Hampton Inn). These properties are newer, quieter, have free coffee and breakfast, contemporary styling, etc.

I wouldn't stay here again...nor would I stay in any other Ramada (I had to stay in this one because it was the only thing left in the area). Buyer beware...this is exactly what you would expect from Ramada.

Room Tip: Stay on the 2nd floor and away from elevators and stairways.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Ramada-Glens F, Director of Sales at Ramada Queensbury/Lake George, responded to this review, October 30, 2014
While we may not have the newest amenities, upgrades or offer complimentary breakfasts, these are all things that we are striving to work for to make our guests happy and satisfied. If you ever chose to stay with us again we could always try to put you in a room away from guests if its available so that you don't have an issue with noise. I hope in the future you do try to come back and use us so that we can try harder to make you have a better experience.
Vernon, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

We have been staying at the Ramada in Queensbury during the Americade Bike Rally for 6 years straight now. The Hotel is always very clean and the rates are competitive with the competing establishments in the area.
The best part of the place is definitely the staff. They are very attentive and always greet you with a very warm welcome. I do want to single out one person in particular. Debbie from housekeeping. She is awesome. We got greeted with a hug this year and she couldn't have been more helpful. She even offered to let me park my bike at her house when she heard that I was having a mechanical issue. (thankfully I didn't need to)
Now I'm not saying that everybody will have the same relationship with the staff that we do but if you give them the chance you just might. We have already booked our room for next year.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
This was such a heart warming response to hear from one of our guests. All of our staff here strives to make our guests experience the best and I am so glad that you felt welcomed and comfortable here. Debbie really is the best!
Dublin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We stopped here for the night. It was fairly late when we arrived we got a room and were told to drive around the building. When we walked in the room it totally smelled. I am not one to complain but this was super gross. I called the front desk and they sent someone down with fabreeze. That helped for a little bit but not very long.
Overall I wouldn't recommend this place the beds were just ok the bathroom was small and the carpet was badly stained

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Ramada Queensbury/Lake George? Share your experiences!